Competition training day!

zukijames

is little moab blm land ? i though it was sitla or something like that? what are the rules for events? if its just a bunch of friends hanging out. no give aways are profits is a permit needed?

sixstringsteve

is little moab blm land ? i though it was sitla or something like that? what are the rules for events? if its just a bunch of friends hanging out. no give aways are profits is a permit needed?

Your definition of event and the BLM's definition of event is different. To them, and "event" is a publicly advertised meeting (like on RME) with 25+ rigs in attendance. Even if it's just me posting "hey everyone, I'm going wheeling on saturday if anyone wants to join me." If more than 25 rigs show up, I need to have a permit and insurance. To them, that's considered an "event."

There were some other stipulations as well, but I forgot the details. You can always educate yourself by calling the BLM and learning about what types of behaviors constitute an "event". and when permits are needed or not. They know the laws better than we do, which is why I called them in the first place. I'm no expert at all, so I suggest calling them rather than taking my word for it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Your definition of event and the BLM's definition of event is different. To them, and "event" is a publicly advertised meeting (like on RME) with 25+ rigs in attendance. Even if it's just me posting "hey everyone, I'm going wheeling on saturday if anyone wants to join me." If more than 25 rigs show up, I need to have a permit and insurance. To them, that's considered an "event."

Close. There really is no size limit or 'safe zone' on what they consider an organized event. We just had to get permits for a run with 10 street legal vehicles and zero competitive aspect. Add the fact you will be participating in what many consider a somewhat dangerous activity and I can only imagine the BLM and SITLA would require a permit and insurance, both of which are completely doable but do take time (up to 180 days after you submit your operating plan and permit application) and money, insurance for anything motorsports related is not cheap, thus your forced to charge participants which then automatically forces you to have a permit anyways. You can detour that process by hosting it on private property such as MMP (though it obviously has a track cost) or Delta's county property which is likely covered by litigation laws rather than outright insurance?

UFAB

MMP is the best option. They even have class rooms and smart boards. Food and restrooms also covered.

zukijames

Close. There really is no size limit or 'safe zone' on what they consider an organized event. We just had to get permits for a run with 10 street legal vehicles and zero competitive aspect. Add the fact you will be participating in what many consider a somewhat dangerous activity and I can only imagine the BLM and SITLA would require a permit and insurance, both of which are completely doable but do take time (up to 180 days after you submit your operating plan and permit application) and money, insurance for anything motorsports related is not cheap, thus your forced to charge participants which then automatically forces you to have a permit anyways. You can detour that process by hosting it on private property such as MMP (though it obviously has a track cost) or Delta's county property which is likely covered by litigation laws rather than outright insurance?

thanks kurt!

and steve i called and talked to blm last week thats enough to last me for awhile plus i dont plan to be putting on any events or anything of the likes.

it is really awesome to me that you guys take the time and put out the effort for events its really awesome and really helps our sport!

big thanks to everyone involved in this event and any of the other events !

bfe is private property but thats a little bit of a drive for most of us..

minisrus

What happened to this thread ? It has been dormant for a month..... This is one idea I like , I live close to Delta would like to participate , but do not want to start cold turkey and get in over my head.... Is this still going to happen ?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
We are talking about having experienced drivers, spotters, and judges on hand and will be giving tips on both driving and spotting.

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Ok so this event will be held in delta utah this fall. Shout out some dates that will work for most people and we will plan what works for most. This tread is also in the old school category under cone dodging 101

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Its' been a while, but I'm an "experienced competitor", and I may be able to come help. It might be fun to see if I can dodge any cones in the XJ too.:)