concealed carry, Who has em and whatcha packin?

muleskinner

Got mine but I'm thinking I need a new weapon. H&K P2000 (.357 Sig) looks sweet, or maybe a Ruger SP101 (.357 Mag), I read about the ruger P345 and may look into that as well. Info?

Jeeptj98

muleskinner said:
Got mine but I'm thinking I need a new weapon. H&K P2000 (.357 Sig) looks sweet, or maybe a Ruger SP101 (.357 Mag), I read about the ruger P345 and may look into that as well. Info?

I have mine, I carry the Sig P245, my wife also has her's she carries a Kahr P40

richpblaze

Got Mine

Carry an HK 9mm, We all should get together and go shoot sometime. I love the HK my last gun was a Colt .45 with a laser sight. I like the 9 a lot better. I would like to have a Desert Eagle.50 cal. just cause.

Last edited:

4thefamily

What is the point of packin"

What is the point of packin a weapon all of the time. I am all for having hunting equipment but I can't understand why you people want to be packin 24/7. What I have found in my previous experience with people like this is that you are usually 5 ft nothing and 145 pounds and dont feel that you can take care of yourself let alone if you have a family. It makes me wonder WTF is going on when someone can go attend a few classes and then all of the sudden he is packin a 45 around. Who knows the next person sitting in your seat at the local diner will get pissed off and gun you down like our friendly hunter did this last weekend. I just don't see the point in this???

please educate me on this matter.

CJJ92yj

4thefamily said:
What is the point of packin a weapon all of the time. I am all for having hunting equipment but I can't understand why you people want to be packin 24/7. What I have found in my previous experience with people like this is that you are usually 5 ft nothing and 145 pounds and dont feel that you can take care of yourself let alone if you have a family. It makes me wonder WTF is going on when someone can go attend a few classes and then all of the sudden he is packin a 45 around. Who knows the next person sitting in your seat at the local diner will get pissed off and gun you down like our friendly hunter did this last weekend. I just don't see the point in this???

Go shopping in the Valley Fair Mall in SLC on a Saturday afternoon, and you too would wish you had a concealed weapon. It's more about peace of mind for me. Will prolly never use it, but if I do need it, I got it.

muleskinner

I got mine mostly for work, lots O wacko’s running around. (mainly disgruntled former employee's :rolleyes: ) I also figured why not? Easier to buy guns, you don't need to fill out all that paperwork, and with all these punk a$$ wannabe gangsters and drug attics, I don't want to be the only one without one. As for not being able to take care of yourself, What if YOU start, or end up in a fight with someone and their packin? Maybe you should consider one. ;) It's easy to get a permit, so why not? I'll mostly leave mine in my vehicle but if the occasion arises I'll have it. Don't get me started on that guy back east that killed those hunters...

Now give me a good reason NOT to have one.

Skinner

muleskinner

CJJ92yj said:
Go shopping in the Valley Fair Mall in SLC on a Saturday afternoon, and you too would wish you had a concealed weapon. It's more about peace of mind for me. Will prolly never use it, but if I do need it, I got it.

Ever been to the fair? :sick:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
4thefamily said:
Who knows the next person sitting in your seat at the local diner will get pissed off and gun you down like our friendly hunter did this last weekend. I just don't see the point in this???

The point is, the freak that shot those 8 people probably wouldn't have lived if one of the victims was a concealed permit holder. Of the 8 victims, only one of them had a gun. If they had all been carrying their rifles, I can almost guarantee that there would've been less death.

In my case, I don't want to carry 24/7. However, with my job, I'm in empty businesses all night long. Alot of the time, I find exterior doors that have been left open. The type of buildings that I work in, medical clinics, invite breakins. Now, if you want to go walking through a dark building in the middle of the night with no protection, that's your god-given right. Me, I'll embrace my god-given right to protect myself and loved ones.

Jeeptj98

4thefamily said:

I got mine so when I go Hunting I don't have to worry about where to put my pistol when I am in the Car. I also like the idea of being able to pack it with me when I go on the Archery/muzzle-loader hunts in case you run into a animal or something. I now pretty much carry it all the time though. And also on regards to the 5ft nothing and 145 pound people as the only ones that carry I think you are wrong there the guy that did our class was a big guy someone that I wouldn't want to mess with in a dark alley. :eek:

richpblaze

It's Your Right

4thefamily said:

You don't want to carry then don't but don't dog those of us who choose to use our right. And by the way I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Let me tell you a story. About 10 yaers ago I went camping at San Rafael with my girl friend. We had a couple of drunk a$$holes wander into our camp. I'll make a long story short and won't go into detail. Both men were carrying rifles and basically tortured/harassed us for over an hour. I was worried about them raping my girl friend and shooting us both. Anyway they left as fast as they came. I felt so useless and I was at their mercy the hole time. I was constantly thinking about attacking one of them and triing to gain possesion of a weapon.This would have never happened had I been packing. I pack anytime I camp for obvious reasons. The other thing have you heard of all the armed HOME robberies lately?????????? What happpens when soone comes to YOUR house armed, Have fun. You better open your eyes, things aren't getting any safer
You should feel safer kinowing that so many upstanding citizens are carrying. Maybe one of us will save your life some day. Oh yeah by the way I am also highly trained by your United States Navy

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Started carrying a Bersa Thunder 380 and moved up (down?) to a itty bitty KelTec P3at. Great little gun! For camping and wheeling and such I carry a full size CZ 75 in 9mm. Another among us on this forum carries a Kel Tec P11....another great packer.

The only way you're getting my guns is to pry them from my cold dead hands......

EZ

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
richpblaze said:
We had a couple of drunk a$$holes wander into our camp. I'll make a long story short and won't go into detail. Both men were carrying rifles and basically tortured/harassed us for over an hour. I was worried about them raping my girl friend and shooting us both. Anyway they left as fast as they came. I felt so useless and I was at their mercy the hole time. I was constantly thinking about attacking one of them and triing to gain possesion of a weapon.

just thinking about that happening ties my stomach in knots. it is sad what the world has come to. if someone hurt my girlfriend i don't know what i would do. thats why i think drinking sucks(one of the many reasons)... sorry guys, but stupid people ruin it for you.
i am interested in getting a permit, but the cost of a gun makes me shy away. one day i will get one, but as for now i really don't like camping unless i am in a big group for safety reasons.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
muleskinner said:
I got mine mostly for work, lots O wacko’s running around. (mainly disgruntled former employee's :rolleyes: ) I also figured why not? Easier to buy guns, you don't need to fill out all that paperwork, and with all these punk a$$ wannabe gangsters and drug attics, I don't want to be the only one without one. As for not being able to take care of yourself, What if YOU start, or end up in a fight with someone and their packin? Maybe you should consider one. ;) It's easy to get a permit, so why not? I'll mostly leave mine in my vehicle but if the occasion arises I'll have it. Don't get me started on that guy back east that killed those hunters...

Now give me a good reason NOT to have one.

Skinner
Is there that many wacko's running around in Stansberry Park? I will be moving out there in Jan-Feb I want to know.
As for what to carry I have never had a c.c.p. but way back when, when I was a cop, we had sig p-239's (.40) as our off duty weapons and I loved to carry that thing, it is slim, and lightweight. It only had 7+1 capacity but I figured if I was in plane clothing, off duty, and I couldn't end a conflict with 8 shots then I would not enter a conflict. I would much rather have carried that than my fat heavy Glock 19 (for concealed carry).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Why? Because it is our god given right!

There are many instances in which a legal CCW holder used their firearm in self-protection. There are very few in which legal CCW holders used them in the act of a violent crime.