Concealed Course - any interest?

Hey guys,
Funny its back up as I've been looking at instructors. I have a name of a pretty good guy and his brother and heard they were pretty good. $50 includes the passport photos fingerprinting etc. The best night we came up with was next friday night at a restaurant so we could make it dinner. Or we could do it the week after during the week (the week of Thanksgiving, maybe Tues night?) What works for you guys?

Otherwise does anyone have an instructor they really recommend? The guy is a police officer and teaches gun course. This course mostly covers legal aspects so you don't end up in jail if you shoot someone in self defense. His brother is also FBI trained, but I heard the course and instructor were "pretty good" but not "awesome" -- anyone have any recommendations on an awesome instructor? Otherwise I'll continue to sert it up with him... It's a different guy than the guy originally mentioned...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm in Florida from the 20-27th.. My bro in law took a course from a guy that he still raves about.. I'll try to get the contact info..

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I talked to my BIL.. He and his brothers and father took a training class from Les Langford through Gunnies in Orem. He still talks about it, he highly recommends taking from this guy.

I think they might do a group discount at $100 per person.. I can call them and check though.. Not sure if Orem is a great location for everyone, or if it matters. Gunnies is 40minutes south of downtown according to google maps. If Orem is an issue, I wonder if we could meet Les at a halfway point? A banquet room of a resteraunt?

http://www.gunnies.com/index-2.html

We offer Concealed Firearms Classes, taught by Les Langford.

The class fee is $50.00, which includes: 4 hour class instruction, photo, fingerprints, manual and application.

The State of Utah charges a fee of $65.25 to apply for a concealed firearm permit. It can take up to 60 days to process the application. You must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a firearm permit.

Here are the upcoming classes:

Tuesday, Nov 17 6:00 PM
Saturday, Nov 28 10:00 AM
Saturday, Dec 5 10:00 AM
Tuesday, Dec 8 6:00 PM
Saturday, Dec 12 10:00 AM
Saturday, Dec 19 10:00 AM
Saturday, Dec 26 10:00 AM

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^Ha, I feel like that guy would be kinda magoo.. But it would save $10 and keep it in the SL valley

Hey guys sorry for the delay on this. I had a death in the family so I've been sort of MIA for a little while. Does anyone else want to work on this that first week in December? Or I'll see what I can do but I can't get to it until Wed & Friday.

thanks guys,
a

rholbrook

I love my CWP. It has actually gotten me out of two speeding tickets. With my license I hand over my CWP and let the officer know if I am carrying or not. I only carry if up in the woods on the atvs but the officer appreciates the info and each time has let me go. Even if you don't turn your info into the state, its worth the education.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
An old aquaintance of mine is hosting a Concealed Carry Class at his house in South Jordan next weekend. Class will cost $45, maybe less depending on how many sign up. The $45 includes: 4 hour class, Notary, fingerprinting, photograph, DVD safety presentations, Free hand delivery to the BCI.

The date is not 100% established, but if you are interested in the 2nd weekend of Dec timeframe, let me know and i'll pass it along. The company doing the class is www.utahgunpermit.com.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Or, I found this.. I'll more likely end up doing this class since it's closer.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class
Course Price: $40 with online pre-registration
Course Times: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Date: Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Murray High School
5440 South State St.
Murray, UT 84107

Price: $40.00 (online pre-register price)

This 4-hour all-inclusive class fulfills the Utah training requirement and gets your application ready to submit.

The cost includes:
The 4-hour class mandated by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.).
Your application stamped by an approved instructor upon completion.
Your fingerprint card.
Your photo.

http://utahconcealedfirearmpermits.webs.com/

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Or, I found this.. I'll more likely end up doing this class since it's closer.

Murray High School
5440 South State St.
Murray, UT 84107

This 4-hour all-inclusive class fulfills the Utah training requirement and gets your application ready to submit.

The cost includes:
The 4-hour class mandated by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.).
Your fingerprint card.
Your photo.

That looks like something that could work for us.

Let's do it... Thanks Jason! I'm going to tweak the original post to have this date/time.. Thanks again. I've been super busy with a recent death in the family.

However a couple nights ago I set this up... :)
Now to see if I can talk Shane into working his usual magic...
www.utahfirearm.com

Super psyched --- see everyone on Tuesday Dec 8th... :)

Murray High School
5440 South State St.
Murray, UT 84107

The cost includes:
Your fingerprint card.
Your photo.

Caleb

Let's do it... Thanks Jason! I'm going to tweak the original post to have this date/time.. Thanks again. I've been super busy with a recent death in the family.

However a couple nights ago I set this up... :)
Now to see if I can talk Shane into working his usual magic...
www.utahfirearm.com

Super psyched --- see everyone on Tuesday Dec 8th... :)
That's cool you've set that site up, however, most people I know (local) use http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/ ;) However, I also know that a lot of the guys there hate the mods/admins so maybe you could steal some 'customers' from there :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Minor correction on the times of the course: 6:30-9:30 :)

I'm all paid for.. See you guys there.

I'll roll in my 55 if you roll in yours Andre ;)

Please HOLD OFF ON REGISTERING ONLINE for the course as I think I can get us a discount. I'll have an answer to this by the end of the day. Again I've been talking to this instructor for a couple weeks and he said he would give us 50% off last time we spoke...

thanks,
Andre