Concrete lift...experience and recommendations?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
My front walkway (in front of my porch) has sunk a fair amount, enough that it's annoying me now. One "panel" of the sidewalk is worse, and it's on the end--I could raise it and squirt expanding foam under it, but the rest of it needs to be leveled as well so I'm thinking I should have a company come do all of it. There are areas I can't do. (no "side" access to any of the panels)

Anyone have any experience to share, or companies/people to recommend? (or to stay away from)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My front walkway (in front of my porch) has sunk a fair amount, enough that it's annoying me now. One "panel" of the sidewalk is worse, and it's on the end--I could raise it and squirt expanding foam under it, but the rest of it needs to be leveled as well so I'm thinking I should have a company come do all of it. There are areas I can't do. (no "side" access to any of the panels)

Anyone have any experience to share, or companies/people to recommend? (or to stay away from)
I had quite a bit of work done by Lift Right concrete lifting about 10 years ago. It has all settled back to worse than before, but that’s probably a soil issue and original builder issue for not compacting it properly. I would use them again, but only for small repair jobs. Like sidewalks.

I recently used my tractor to lift a few sidewalk panels and I discovered that the material they pump under the concrete is very sandy. It kind of rinses away easily.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
PM coming. I know a guy that does good work, and is good priced.
Send a message my way too if you don't mind. I have a back driveway, front porch and front driveway that all need attention. I assume your guy is a lifter, and not a replacer?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
@jeeper PM guy told me he has work booked through the end of the year, and isn't accepting anything right now. :(

I sent requests for quotes to 4 different companies...one has replied and set an appointment to come look. :rolleyes:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That’s how it’ll be if you decide to replace it too. Unless you hire someone that sucks

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I guy I worked with started a concrete lifting company it used a two part foam. My back porch was pumped 6 years ago and is still good. We was using it to lift a bridge for the city. I would make sure you use a foam instead of the sand slurry companies.
Good info, I'll keep it in mind.
Does your buddy still have that business? What's his contact info? 🙂