Contemplating a Box/ Cargo Truck

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I can't imagine fitting 4 with 2 of them being car seats anyways. Car seats are HUGE!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
There's a 4WD double cab Mitisubishi diesel FWC flatbed truck that I see running around out here, a landscaping business owns it. I hate them because they have it and I don't! Such a neat truck!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Russ sent me this
timthumb.php

https://www.goodyearmotors.com/listings/2007-mitsubishi-fe-14-ft-crew-cab-box-truck-2/#

looks like he has 3 of these. looking like they're $15,000-$17,500

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's huge. I'm imagining a couple popouts like the truck upthread and a trailer full of toys. Is it 4WD? What's maintenance on one of those like?

rholbrook

I have wanted to do one of these for a recreational vehicle to pull the boat to powell, pull bikes to go riding, haul the scouts, etc. I wanted to put a fold out coach in it with big screen etc. I dont know how hard it would be to modify the rear with a rollup door or strong fold down ramp. Would it even be wide enough?

Greg

Admin
I have wanted to do one of these for a recreational vehicle to pull the boat to powell, pull bikes to go riding, haul the scouts, etc. I wanted to put a fold out coach in it with big screen etc. I dont know how hard it would be to modify the rear with a rollup door or strong fold down ramp. Would it even be wide enough?

I've had the same thought, there's a guy on ExPo that made one into a 4WD camper that's amazing! Huge... but amazing!

sixstringsteve

That's a pretty smokin deal. I paid over double that for my van with the same motor. Ujoint Offroad (the guys who make my lift) have converted several of those to 4x4. Check this one out.

396_Frasher_bus_1.jpg

396_Frasher_bus_2.jpg

396_Frasher_bus_3.jpg

I'm betting this is the one Greg's talking about. The inside has a few car seats, a few buckets, and the rest is a toy hauler. I think he has solar panels on the roof too. Sweet rig for sure, and those 7.3s are supposed to last forever since they're so detuned compared to the trucks.

I've heard one of these is floating around in SLC somewhere.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
If kept 2wd a locker would be cool for sure. Otherwise if you get it stuck at an event site just pull the jeep out and use it for recovery

Greg

Admin
396_Frasher_bus_3.jpg

I'm betting this is the one Greg's talking about. The inside has a few car seats, a few buckets, and the rest is a toy hauler. I think he has solar panels on the roof too. Sweet rig for sure, and those 7.3s are supposed to last forever since they're so detuned compared to the trucks.

I've heard one of these is floating around in SLC somewhere.

That's the one! I love it, would make a killer bike hauler / camper!

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
"Rustdelux" is an awesome user name, I may have to change to that one :p . My E450 is a bit smaller and is 2 wheel drive. Very similar to the E450 posted by rholbrook.