Cooper S/T Maxx vs. BFG KO2 -questions

Coco

Greg and Russ, do you like the ko2's over the km2's?

I have personally used KM2s, as well as MTRKs on a few different street driven vehicles. I was big on the KM2s until I tried MTRKs. I had KM2s on my TJ, as well as my Toyota Xtra Cab and they both works really well and I was very happy with both sets. When I had my SAS'd 96 4runner, I decided to go with the MTRKs and I was much happier with those versus the KM2s. That could have been due to different vehicle weight ratings, but I wouldn't hesitate to run either of those tires on another street legal vehicle.

Another couple options as well could be the Blue label or DOT Krawlers, or the DOT trepadors if you want something a bit meatier as well. Several of my friends have run both of street driven vehicles with no complaints. They work really well offroad as well.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was going back and forth on the same tires. I had the tire shop pull the Cooper's and while I really liked them, the siping was only about 1/8" deep, so after the tires gets worn down about 20%, there would be no more siping. I felt like that would be a recipe for sucksaster on icy or snowy roads.

I think the KO2 and the KM2 both hook up pretty well on the rocks. I liked my old General Grabby MT's a bit more, but they don't make them in my size so fooey

pELYgroso

'Merica
Thanks for all of the feedback!

I've decided on one of 2 things. If I can find a 50% worn 37" MTR/K I'll get that and run the 2 decent tires that are on the jeep, my spare which is about 50% tread, and the new 50% tread tire. If I can't find a worn MTR/K I'm going with the Ko2's.

I'm also doing Falcon 3.3's.

If I can find an MTR/K I'll use the left-over tire money for a Nebo Rack or I'd like to tint the front windows to match the stock rear tint.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Just an update....I got the ko2's and drove the JK down to St. George and back this weekend and ran the Maze trail following Kevin in his sweet XJ (both of us lacking front lockers) and I have been extremely impressed with them! I aired down to 15 in the rears and 18 in the fronts and they performed better than I was hoping for! Thanks for all your suggestions!

carlojip

Had Cooper ST Maxx and they performed great. These Cooper tires have siping for slippery trails and the void ratio is not too high so they can perform well in the snow also.

You made the right choice. BFG KO2's are, IMO, the best tire you can get for a daily driven truck or SUV. For rainy freeways, they cant be beat. I have never hydroplaned on my ko2's. They are also the best for snow and ice, short of studded tires... The fact that they are also awsome off road on everything short of mud is just a bonus....