Coronavirus

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Am I the only one wondering why the cases are going up when you can’t really go anywhere in public without one on? If they’re the life saver they say they are shouldn’t the case atleast level off?
I work for University Healthcare and am on pretty frequent conference calls where this stuff is discussed. Most of the new cases are teenagers and 20-somethings. So high schoolers and college kids partying it up, basically.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I work for University Healthcare and am on pretty frequent conference calls where this stuff is discussed. Most of the new cases are teenagers and 20-somethings. So high schoolers and college kids partying it up, basically.

I really thought this was the case. The numbers started to increase dramatically when schools started.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If that’s the case which they should know based on contact tracing why don’t they say that publicly?

I have no faith in anything the officials say it’s unfortunate because I wish I did.
If I recall, the governor and Dr. Dunn have mentioned it several times over the past few months. Particularly the issues with college kids.

Troop92

The smoking/drug overdose statistics are commentary on personal choice, not a reason to diminish the current situation. I can stand next to a smoker or drug user without contracting the need to smoke or do drugs.

And yes, to those that cry "but you might not get covid by standing next to someone!" that ship sailed a few months ago. Got it somewhere despite working from home and being careful.

Let's be real. Nobody likes masks. Unless you're Jason or Michael Meyers. But if it helps me or others, in combination with other recommendations given by reputable medical professionals? Count me in.

Troop92

Tell that to the ones who've died from second hand smoke or died from a DUI driver. Wasn't their choice. Just explain to me why the government has gone crazy over this killer and continues to turn a blind eye to so many others.

I wasn't diminishing their loss in any way, nor would I, having lost family/friends to both.

Tobacco, drugs, and alcohol have been around quite a lot longer than this specific virus, and have been the focus of in-school curriculum and programs, after school specials, warning labels on packages, billboards, media campaigns, etc. Despite this, people still make those choices to their own detriment and the detriment of others. This of course isn't to say that smoking, substance abuse, obesity, mental health issues, etc. should be forgotten or ignored. Of course they shouldn't. Nor should we allow them to be.

The focus, in my mind, should be on Covid right now - 220k+ deaths thus far from a virus most chose not to catch, "covid catch parties" excluded. With cases skyrocketing and loss all around, even within our group, I don't feel that the urgency and "crazy" is inappropriate.