Coronavirus

Jesser04

I wasn't diminishing their loss in any way, nor would I, having lost family/friends to both.

Tobacco, drugs, and alcohol have been around quite a lot longer than this specific virus, and have been the focus of in-school curriculum and programs, after school specials, warning labels on packages, billboards, media campaigns, etc. Despite this, people still make those choices to their own detriment and the detriment of others. This of course isn't to say that smoking, substance abuse, obesity, mental health issues, etc. should be forgotten or ignored. Of course they shouldn't. Nor should we allow them to be.

The focus, in my mind, should be on Covid right now - 220k+ deaths thus far from a virus most chose not to catch, "covid catch parties" excluded. With cases skyrocketing and loss all around, even within our group, I don't feel that the urgency and "crazy" is inappropriate.
600 deaths in 8 months in a state with 3.25 million people is far from loss all around. I’m not trying discount the people that have lost loved ones it’s horrible and unfortunate.

LT.

New Mexico was by far the worst state we traveled through. I tested negative both the rapid and the blood test. I was not worried about testing positive.

Cody, as far as low T I also have to struggle with that. I was mostly seeing my body failing to keep up with my mind. I remembered doing the O course faster, cleaner, and I remembered all my shooting on the move and in a respirator being much easier as well. For a time I was doing the pellets but, found I was burning through them way too fast. I was only supposed to get the pellets twice a year. 2400 MG in the back side. Due to the working out, running and gunning I was burning through them in around 4 months. I found the shots are easier and I am more consistent with the shots. It is a simple small gauge needle and you shoot yourself in the gut. 2 to 3 times a week. I had tried working out more legs (which was supposed to be a good way of boosting T in a more natural way) and had no effect. I tried eating better as well but, other than some weight loss (which I didn’t really want) I saw no more boost in T. Other folks may have different results but, that is what I found for myself.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This tread has been pretty quiet. We all know numbers are rising bad. New orders from Governor Herbert.

The new orders can be broken down into four key requirements:

• A statewide mask mandate for all Utahns in public, where six feet of physical distancing is not possible, which will "be extended for the foreseeable future," state officials said. The mandate is enforceable in all business settings, requiring employees to wear face coverings, promoting mask-wearing among patrons, and posted signage to the same effect. Any business that fails to do so will be subject to fines, the order says.
  • Limiting casual social gatherings to household-only through the length of the order.
  • A two-week hold on all extracurricular activities, including athletic and intramural events, with the exception of intercollegiate athletics and practices, and games and training associated with high school championships that follow instructions for testing and limited crowd sizes.
  • Mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19 by all higher-education students in public and private institutions who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week, with a plan that must be established as soon as possible but no later than Jan. 1, 2021.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Mandatory testing. Awesome.

Yeah, I'm gonna just go ahead and keep on staying the f**k away from people, only now since it's a health emergency, I"m going to defend my personal health bubble a lot more vigorously. :rolleyes:

This is some of the dumbest sh*t I've seen yet. Intercollegiate sporting events and playoffs are still allowed, but hell if anyone else gets together? Dine in restaurants but no public gatherings? GTFO.

And now we've got Biden up in the middle of all this on top of it. Awesome.

Corban_White

This tread has been pretty quiet. We all know numbers are rising bad. New orders from Governor Herbert.

The new orders can be broken down into four key requirements:

• A statewide mask mandate for all Utahns in public, where six feet of physical distancing is not possible, which will "be extended for the foreseeable future," state officials said. The mandate is enforceable in all business settings, requiring employees to wear face coverings, promoting mask-wearing among patrons, and posted signage to the same effect. Any business that fails to do so will be subject to fines, the order says.
  • Limiting casual social gatherings to household-only through the length of the order.
  • A two-week hold on all extracurricular activities, including athletic and intramural events, with the exception of intercollegiate athletics and practices, and games and training associated with high school championships that follow instructions for testing and limited crowd sizes.
  • Mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19 by all higher-education students in public and private institutions who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week, with a plan that must be established as soon as possible but no later than Jan. 1, 2021.

Tilting at windmills.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
The weekly testing for Higher education is the one where I'm wondering how that's supposed to work. Some searching put that number at around 300,000 students in Utah. We're going to have 300k students just show up to get tested every week without straining our testing? Wasn't someone complaining a few months back that there wasn't enough tests? Who's paying for these tests? I've been a college student, what happens if they don't have insurance? Smells like a test provider is related to the governor and is going to make bank.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
  • A two-week hold on all extracurricular activities, including athletic and intramural events, with the exception of intercollegiate athletics and practices, and games and training associated with high school championships that follow instructions for testing and limited crowd sizes

This is what raised my eyebrow. So knuckle dragging high school football players can continue to breath heavily in each others faces; but I can't visit my 86 year old grandmother who lives alone. Ya huh... that doesn't compute especially if they are also confirming that the highest transmission levels are among 15-24 year old's who are participating in extra-curricular activities.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This is what raised my eyebrow. So knuckle dragging high school football players can continue to breath heavily in each others faces; but I can't visit my 86 year old grandmother who lives alone. Ya huh... that doesn't compute especially if they are also confirming that the highest transmission levels are among 15-24 year old's who are participating in extra-curricular activities.

All high school extracurricular are suspended for two weeks. (high school football is mostly if not totally over depending on classification)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
All high school extracurricular are suspended for two weeks. (high school football is mostly if not totally over depending on classification)

with the exception of intercollegiate athletics and practices, and games and training associated with high school championship

It's just like its been the entire time. Always exceptions for what someone sees at any given moment to be okay even if its the least logical.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
with the exception of intercollegiate athletics and practices, and games and training associated with high school championship

It's just like its been the entire time. Always exceptions for what someone sees at any given moment to be okay even if its the least logical.

Ok, so about 6-8 high schools will be exposed to the other 6-8 high school athletes?

(I do understand the exception to the exceptions. It seems the privileged and powerful are able to make the exceptions work)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Ok, so about 6-8 high schools will be exposed to the other 6-8 high school athletes?

(I do understand the exception to the exceptions. It seems the privileged and powerful are able to make the exceptions work)

Yeah 250-350 kids as stated mouth breathing all over each other. Means 250-350 families exposed. I personally don't care they should be playing, should be in class.

Point being if this TRULY a public health crisis is it going to be so detrimental to the future of these high school kids not to play? Do collegiate teams really need to be playing/practicing if the "crisis" is so dire?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

The high school stuff I don't know about. I know the college schools are having to test their athletes almost daily, and have a pretty set protocol for quarantine and when athletes can return. As I'm sure you know, this is why the game was canceled Saturday.

I doubt high schools have similar protocols since that activity isn't generating millions in revenue. When millions are involved, there is more money available to pay for all of those tests. My HS couldn't even pony up to put air condition in, so I doubt thousands of tests are in the budget.

In Salt Lake, I don't think this changes much. People are already tired of dealing with COVID restrictions, and are still going to get together with their family and friends. Pretty much everyone that goes anywhere already is wearing a mask, even those that think it's a violation of their liberties begrudgingly wear a mask when they go into places, or just avoid going places.

As a small business owner, it sucks. Being downtown already puts me at a disadvantage since nobody is coming downtown. Losing patio space hurts even more. The only way we've been able to move the needle is by organizing events, but now if I organize an event then the optics of it look bad. I've got hundreds of dollars tied up in a Black Friday Pinewood Derby event at the brewery, but do I start advertising it now? Will it even be allowed, and if it is allowed, will I get public backlash for encouraging people to gather in a larger group?