CTD Question

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hickey said:
I gotta tell ya, everytime I drive my brother's '02 24 valve, it makes me want one. The 02 also is the first year with rear discs.
The more I read, the more this truck seems to come up.
Is your brothers truck the HO 6 speed?

GETBENT

CRASH
Hickey said:
I gotta tell ya, everytime I drive my brother's '02 24 valve, it makes me want one. The 02 also is the first year with rear discs.

That is an awesome year for the dodge CTD. I was looking for 4 months straight for one but I had a specific color and condition in mind and I never found what I wanted so I bought the new one. The rear seat in the 02 has zero foot room though. Anyways, The 02 models are at a great price compared to the new ones.

Last edited:

rust bucket

Pool boy in training
My 99 Ctd gets 15mpg around town and 19mpg on the freeway and its a 5spd with 3.?? rear.But Im expecting the milege to go up after I get bigger injectors and a chip.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shawn said:
Is your brothers truck the HO 6 speed?
Yes it is. My Dad jst got one of the same year, only a dually. It had 27K miles on it and he paid about 25 g's. He said it was hard to find one that wasn't a dually unless it had high miles.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Cody said:
my mileage has been getting worse and worse for some reason. I used to get around 15-17 around town and towing, and 22-25 on the freeway unloaded.

Now it's more like 12 around town and 18 on the freeway. :confused:

Wait until summer they are putting winter blend in right now. Winter blend doesn't burn as hot, thats why you get worse mileage and worse power.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'd love to own a new 600 with a 6 speed, but that doesn't fit in my budget. Had a 98 12V 2wd 5speed had over 300k on it, Sold it a couple months ago, just bought another 98 12V 4WD love it, turned up my fuel pump this past weekend and i'm planning on straight piping it this weekend.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Shawn said:
Ok,

So,

I guess my question is now... :ugh: does one find that the 600 is better than the 555? I have read different opinions, the 555's are easier to add more power to. Do you 555 guys just love your truck and would show no sign of upgrading to the newer version, or would you rather have the 600.

At 45-50 grand, the 600 better be the sweetest rig alive... :sick:
I would not trade my 555 for a 600. But then, I'm not a good diesel owner. I like that my truck is quiet and doesn't smoke, and my truck is stock and going to stay that way. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
RockMonkey said:
I would not trade my 555 for a 600. But then, I'm not a good diesel owner. I like that my truck is quiet and doesn't smoke, and my truck is stock and going to stay that way. :)
there is nothing wrong with that. :)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
my 99 24v gets a solid 14 mpg driving. i drive about 2/3 city 1/3 freeway.
as far as towing my 5 pound jeep i get not much worse.

i also have 4" lift + 315's on it with a chip/injectors and 4" turbo back

i am planning on getting a stage 2 afe intake and banks high ram soon. anybody have experience with either... sorry for hijack

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
RockMonkey said:

Yea, just like you were not going to lock up the TJ :p

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
rckcrlr said:
You guys are not getting any better mileage than my Ford. What's up with that? We'll see what happens when my injectors get here. :D

Same here, except for a few exceptions. 17 empty, 13 towing for the Powerstroke--thought all Dodges were supposed to be way better than that? Maybe there's a correlation between chips/injectors and reduced mileage, hmmmmm? ;)

rust bucket

Pool boy in training
xj_punk said:
i am planning on getting a stage 2 afe intake and banks high ram soon. anybody have experience with either... sorry for hijack

I have the AFE on my Dodge and its a great unit. but you will have a LOT more turbo noise and make sure you get a progard 7 filter with it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
rust bucket said:
I have the AFE on my Dodge and its a great unit. but you will have a LOT more turbo noise and make sure you get a progard 7 filter with it.

do you have the stage 2 or stage 1? i am planning on getting the proguard7... it ends up being like $450 total! that sucks
anybody know of a cheaper place?
i am also going to get the banks hi ram intake horn and a banks big head wastegate, that'll get me some more boost