Cummins diesel aftermarket Exhaust

chadr

You will need some ear plugs!;)

My brother had a Turdbo Diesel that had straight pipes and I couldn't even carry on a conversation with him at a normal decibel level. I think that I am going to have the muffler on it and that way the safety inspection is still valid.

By the way, I got an answer from the manufacturer on my questions. Here is what they said.

"In answer to your question, the muffler is designed to be installed either direction. There are a majority of the flutes that face one direction and a fewer amount that face the other. If you want it quieter, face the greatest number of flutes forward; if you want it louder, face the fewest number of flutes forward."

They also said this,"On your vehicle, you should gain about 16 rear-wheel horespower, approximately 35 ft/lbs of torque and your EGT's should be reduced by nearly 200 F." Is that what everyone else seemed to get with their changes?

Meat_

Banned
...Is that what everyone else seemed to get with their changes?

Probably about that, even more (less) on the EGTs when I ditched the muffler. It spools faster too, again even more when I ditched the muffler. Maybe mine is different because it's a dually, but even with the window down the noise level in the cab is about 1/3 the noise level in my '75 Ramcharger.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I killed my Jeep the other day in the rocks, and got pulled home on a flatbed by one of the guys there. He has a 97? CTD with a 10" stack out the back of the bed just behind the cab. We were yelling comments back and forth, literally. He uses it to pull sleds at truck shows and mud drags. I think he said he has over 270,000 miles on it!! :eek:

chadr

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I finally got the exhaust installed!!!!!

I had one problem with the install on this kit. The tailpipe as it comes over the top of the axle comes about straight down and when I try to use the band clamps that they supply, the weight of the tailpipe and the exhaust will not tighten down completely. I think that I am going to have to weld this piece even though the kit says that there does not have to have any welding on it. It is just too loose.

It is stainless steel so I will have to have someone TIG weld it, right?