Custom Rig Hauler Trailer

xjc

I give up :(
A blowout on a single axle trailer was actually at the bottom of my list of worries. At the top of the list is fish-tailing, which can be caused by many things (weight distribution, hard braking, taking corners too fast, etc. etc. etc.) and fish-tailing always happens easier on a single axle trailer. Do what you want, but if I see a single axle trailer hauling a car or something big, I am going to stay the hell away from it.

OK, Mostly I am playing devil's advocate, I am sold on the double axle thing being better. Mostly I wanted the good comments on trailer performance, its an education thing.

Infact I learned yesterday that axles can occasionally be out of alignment and you can take them in and have the actual axle bent to align it. Wierd stuff.

xjc

I give up :(
Picked up a trailer, did it on the cheep and Ill see how it works. It certainly has a big enough axle, 7Klb. The body of the trailer isn't that string though. It behaved fairly well on the way back from cache valley. It has breaks which will have to be used sparingly of coarse. Its an ugly looking work trailer but it will match the samurai just fine.