Wanted Dana 35 or 44 for 97-06 Wrangler TJ

The Centurion

Probably a common want among these listings but I figured I'd ask nonetheless. I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler that the prior owner put a mismatched ring/pinion set from the junk yard in, no surprise it binds as if there were rocks inside.

I know I could probably find a used matched ring & pinion for cheap but then I am still out that price, plus a $100 for new shims, time putting it all together etc. At that rate I figured it'd be just as expensive and less time just to swap the whole dang thing and clean up some space in someones garage or backyard who has already pulled their stock dana 35 for an upgrade and put some cash in their pocket. The other alternative is to find something more along the lines of what I want eventually, that would be a dana 44 already geared at my desired ratio, then just round up a matching front or re-gear my 30. Not much of a welder so either setup will need to be able to bolt right up under a 97 TJ.

So in order to get my newly purchased (bigger project than anticipated) actually on the road I am in need of one of the following setups.

Stock:
97-06 Wrangler bracket setup on a Rear Dana 35 with 3.55 gears.
Stock Upgrade:
97-06 Wrangler bracket setup on a Rear Dana 44 with 3.55 or 4.88 gears.

Lockers or limited slip, chromoly axles, or disc brakes, in either would obviously be great and warrant a higher value. Or if you have a matching front and rear setup out of an 03-06 Rubicon that'd work too, but lets be honest if you are wanting $4k for them I might as well buy some new G2's.

Feel free to call, text, or PM me.
Thanks,
Gavin 801.654.409three

RockChucker

i have a ford 8.8 in my TJ that i will be selling not too far down the road if you are interested. it has a detroit, 4.56's, disc brakes, and chromo 31 spline shafts. however, it is set up for a triangulated 4 link in the rear, i have a buddy that does good work though, and he could set your frame up or cut off the rear truss and put stock brackets back on for a reasonable price.

oh and i think i have a d35 carrier and 3.55's that you could install if you want to pick up my 8.8. i would give them to you free if you buy the 8.8. shoot me a pm if you are interested.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have a set of axles from a ZJ Grand Cherokee, stock with 3.55 gears in good shape. The front should bolt right up and I think the rear will work with some minor mods. The rear would give you disk brakes.

The Centurion

A D35 carrier with matched 3.55 ring & pinion set would also work. Just want to get my rig on the road at this point and this should be the cheapest and quickest way to make that happen. $40 Anyone? Thanks!

BUMP