Dana 44 closed knuckle parts

Sibeta2

Have a closed knuckle Dana 44 that I need parts for. I need all the washers and hub nut etc,,, everything that goes on the spindle on out. Where are you guys ordering parts like this from? I couldn’t find a rebuild kit like this.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I second the Six States recommendation. I do believe most of the parts are interchangeable between open and closed knuckle axles too, FWIW.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The open knuckle 44s that I have worked on have two different spindles. The GM and Jeep axles 77 and older use a small bearing spindle and the newer ones use a large bearing spindle. I have a lot of the large bearing spindles left over from the axles we have built. On the axles we have done we usually take off the 6 and 8 lug hubs and rotors and swap to 5 on 5.5 Ford hubs and rotors to match our Jeep axle patterns. The Ford hubs need the small bearing spindle. We use GM/Jeep steering knuckles. You can use Ford parts if you have those available but the spindles, knuckles and calipers are different. I have a few flat top GM knuckles laying around that allow for high steer. I also have quite a few washers and nuts left over.