day dreaming

hoosier

mtn yot
First there is a back story to this question but realistically it is just fun dreaming

The situation is;

You have excelled in your job and as a result your boss has offered to buy you 1 vehicle for up to $70,000 including tax title and lic. you CAN NOT put any mpney on top of this, you can ONLY get 1.

What would you get and why?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just have fun with this don't read into it and say it is unrealistic. This is just fun day dreaming.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
No question, 2017 F150 Raptor, available around June/July
2017 raptor.jpeg

Out of the box awesomeness. 35's, rear locker that is built to run at full vehicle speeds, front limited slip, specially designed fox suspension giving over 12" of travel, increased frame strength vs previous generation, armor, 10 speed trans (!?) ready to take anything on right from the factory. Sexy time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-in-depth-feature

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
View attachment 102774

Out of the box awesomeness. 35's, rear locker that is built to run at full vehicle speeds, front limited slip, specially designed fox suspension giving over 12" of travel, increased frame strength vs previous generation, armor, 10 speed trans (!?) ready to take anything on right from the factory. Sexy time.

Gotta agree, if I'm shopping with somebody else's money for something on the market right now it's a Raptor or a Rubicon. A Power Wagon would be third, but it's a distant third. If it's a "company" vehicle and I'm not allowed to mod, probably the Raptor.

But if I can wait a year, the rumored LR Defender really has my attention.

blznnp

does it have to be new? I would be on the lookout for a 81-85 chevy crew cab with a newer diesel swapped into it. that or I would get another 68 camaro thats built up.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I'd probably buy an early 90's Ford pickup and use the rest for gas money :D

If I was given $70K and had to spend it on one thing I would without even thinking twice buy a used Sportsmobile. Every time I see one.... :chris:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
View attachment 102774

I can't think of a vehicle I'd take over this if I had the cash to throw down. Couple sports cars maybe, but in this price range I think the raptor offers more fun.

Cascadia

Undecided
now for my choice (I think)

a mostly loaded (completely loaded is over the cost) 2016 GMC Denali 3500 Dually

View attachment 102773
I have this truck except not in a dually. Liked it so much I ordered another one. Wish it was a boss paying for it for me though. When I got my '15 3500 it was between that or a Raptor. I got the Denali cause it was common sense for me and what I use it for. 27k miles later and I'm loving it still. But I have used over 2000 gallons of fuel this year.

Houndoc

hmmm, new? Can't say the newer truck would be that much better then my 2008. A well built JK would be under budget, unless could include a off-road camp trailer into the package.

Used? Mercedes G-Class, with a few mods. Wheel and hunt in style!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
$70k? You guys all think small! :p

I'd be shopping around for a used Rally Fighter!
maxresdefault.jpg

camicaztoy

I'd go with an AEV Brute quad cab, preferable with the 3.0 eco diesel. Mainly cause I've always wanted one and there is no way I'd ever be able to afford it. Diesel cause it would get awesome mileage and could go back country exploring for days without filling up, and the cool factor.
If I can have that, second choice would be a new chevy Colorado duramax z71 trailboss package. I think they're good lookin and would make for a fun all around truck after a few minor mods.

rholbrook

Maybe your boss is testing you. He wants to see if you would piss away his hard earned money. Better just stay conservative and get you a regular ole F150 Super Crew with EcoBoost.