Days Inn Moab

kkemp

OK listen up!

I recently made a motel reservation for Days Inn in Moab at their online reservation center (website) for Feb 2 and 3. That Monday my wife was really not wanting to go, so I called to cancel the reservation. They told me they "could not" cancel my reservation because I prepaid. So ,there's an interesting concept for you. Anyway, by the weekend my wife was OK with going to Moab especially since we already had a room paid for anyway. So we drive down and when we get there they tell me my reservation was canceled. How does that work! I can't cancel my reservation but, they can cancel it and not even notifiy me. So I asked them if they had any rooms and they yes, that will be $45. I already have reservations that I had paid $37 for. They would not honor that because it was canceled. Well, rather than paying their stinking $45 I went to Big Horn Lodge and got a nicer room for 35/night with their 2 night deal.

Once I got back home I checked my bank account, online, and found there was no refund for the reservation Days Inn canceled on me. So I call up the Days Inn customer service and they tell they won't give me my refund, but they will give me a case number and send the issue to a group to research it. I told them I want to talk to a supervisor. Later I get a call from the manager at Days Inn in Moab and I tell her what happened and she starts ranting at me. I told her I just want my refund and she said no way. "We don't give refunds for prepaid reservations." I said I'm not the one that canceled it. Your reservation center did without telling me. She just said that's not her problem.

So I called the reservation center back up and tell them what the hotel manager said. They just said "Sorry, there is nothing we can do.". So, they can take my money for the reservation, cancel it and keep my money? That sounds illegal to me.

So today I sent off a complaint to the FTC and an email to Gephardt. And I'm posting this on RME. I may never see my money again, but I sure plan to make them wish they never messed with me.

So, my advise is to stay real far away from Days Inn, especially the one in Moab.

Last edited:
Pretty lame. I'd also forward a letter to the Moab Chamber of Commerce just for fun. Companies screw things up. That's expected. It's when they won't make it right (like this case apparently) that they're crossing the line. If you paid by credit card, dispute the charges.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Good to know, we had reservations at the Days Inn for the U4 winter event, canceled them due to transportation problems. I had no problem with the whole process, but I did not pre-pay.

You ought to report them to the Better Business Bureau too.

kkemp

Greg, this does just apply to prepaid reservations. So, I just sent off letters to the BBB and the Moab Chamber of Commerce.

I paid with my VISA debit card. I don't know if that carries the same protection as a credit card. I don't think it does but I'll check. Wayne Hartwig may be right about using credit cards. I should have used that instead.

JoeT

Anybody hear about the never ending fax's story on POR? :D Post their info up, what they did is crap. Seems that the left hand does'nt know what the right hand can do. I would be more than happy to send a 20 page fax to them explaining my displeasure with their doings and why I will never stay their. Can you say "glitterbomb"? :D Do a search on POR.

Sorry rant off. I've got too much bottled up pressure in me right now.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Try your bank, but I don't think they will do anything about the charges - since it's your word against theirs, and you did agree to pay them initially. That's the way debit cards are, but actual credit cards aren't that way at all.

Then just do like everyone else said, BBB, Moab CO, etc....etc..etc.. Like you say, you'll probably never see your $'s again, but you sure can make their live's hell for it! All you have to do is post this up on all of the boards, and they'll lose their business.

kkemp

I contacted Wells Fargo this morning and they are going to try to resolve this. I have to say, I was a little surprised.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I stayed at the Day's Inn in Ceder City once I had to run down for a job interview so we figured my wife and, I would make a weekend out of it. So we had it set to stay two nights. We got there the first night at like 2am the guy was super pissed that he had to get up to give me are key ( I let him know the night before that it was going to be late when we got there) got up the first morning went to the interview, got back to the hotel and, my wife is throwing up out of both ends.

So I went to the desk to let them know we where not going to stay the night since my wife was ill and, we where heading home. I asked them if I could get a refund for that night ( it was worth a try) Of course they said no that it was less then 24 hrs notice. So I asked well if I don't get a refund then what are you going to do with my room if we leave, he said they will fill the room with someone, right after that I said well then you have your money then give me my refund and you won't be out anything.

The guy completely freaked out in his heavy arabian (sp) accent. I figured screw him he was being a dick since we got there. I told him we where staying. If anything I'll make it seem I'm staying then leave so they can't fill the room and, make double the money. As soon as i get back to the room he's calling the room asking if we forsure where going to stay since he had someone that was looking for a room. I told him again that we where staying. My poor wife was all up for giving him crap. Well as the day wen't on ( my wife wasn't up for driving yet we didn't have a cork) he called a couple more times asking when we would be leaving. I kept telling him dose it matter I paid for the room and, to leave us alone.

I left a couple time to get my wife some food or meds. She said that someone would come knock on the door then open it to see if we where still there since they noticed the car leave. So I was pissed I went in and, told him off about coming in are room when where still there. Anyways he said he was going to call the cops on us for not letting him know what we where doing and, taking up a room. I said well go ahead I'm not doing anything wrong I paid for the room. That night I got so sick (it lasted for about two weeks) I know it was form that freaking room. We ended up staying the night got up the next morning, killed there free breakfest then left. That was the longest ride back home.

I ended up calling there customer service line to complane but never heard anything from it. I will never never stay at a Day's Inn again. Sorry for the run on.

Last edited:

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Definately post this in the off-topic forum on pirate4x4. They'll eat the hotel for breakfast. They live for stuff like this. It's pretty funny to watch. And post up a email address to harrass them with.

ALF

SURE!?
Definately post this in the off-topic forum on pirate4x4. They'll eat the hotel for breakfast. They live for stuff like this. It's pretty funny to watch. And post up a email address to harrass them with.

Whoever posts this over there show us the link and pass the popcorn:D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
just dispute the charges on your card.

It may take a month or two, but you'll get your money back. They can't prove they provided any service to you, and the credit card company sure as **** will listen to your side of the story.

Cody

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
just dispute the charges on your card.

It may take a month or two, but you'll get your money back. They can't prove they provided any service to you, and the credit card company sure as **** will listen to your side of the story.

Cody
You can't dispute a debit card purchase like you can a credit card purchase.

NEVER use your debit card online.

NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
why not? It has a Visa card symbol on it. Visa will back it just the same as a normal card.

Well, it worked for me anyways. Maybe you've had different results.

kkemp

You can't dispute a debit card purchase like you can a credit card purchase.

NEVER use your debit card online.

NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!
NEVER!

I just filed a dispute with Wells Fargo this morning. Apparently they are going to take some kind of action.

In any case, I have definately learned my lesson about using debit cards online.

Cherokeester

You can dispute a debit card same as credit. Some A-hole got my card numbers and shipped $1200.00 bucks off to Lebanon via western union. I disputed it and got it back. If it has a Visa symbol on it it works the same way. The only drawback is the money does come right out of your account.