Days Inn Moab

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You can dispute a debit card same as credit. Some A-hole got my card numbers and shipped $1200.00 bucks off to Lebanon via western union. I disputed it and got it back. If it has a Visa symbol on it it works the same way. The only drawback is the money does come right out of your account.

exactly.

The only time it would be different is if you just have a 'debit' card that isn't backed by Visa or MC. But really, who has that? Thats almost as archaic as writing checks and faxing things.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I contacted Wells Fargo this morning and they are going to try to resolve this. I have to say, I was a little surprised.

Yeah, they'll probably send them a nasty letter asking for the charges to be reversed. But nothing more can be done until Days Inn gives up....

Definately keep us posted, though!!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
just dispute the charges on your card.

It may take a month or two, but you'll get your money back. They can't prove they provided any service to you, and the credit card company sure as **** will listen to your side of the story.

Cody

This is the difference between credit and debit cards. Debit card you have to wait until someone decides to give you your money back. Credit card is instant, then they go after the other a'hole.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
be sure to email a link to the threads that everyone is saying they won't stay there.

I won't stay there FWIW. I could see that kind of service at some local HITW joint, but a big chain like that should understand customer service a little better. Maybe they are completely locally owned and managed franchises. the times I've not rented condo's and used hotels in Moab (Redstone) they have been super super accomodating.

Caleb

This is the difference between credit and debit cards. Debit card you have to wait until someone decides to give you your money back. Credit card is instant, then they go after the other a'hole.

No it's not. You have the exact same protection (like Cody mentioned) if it has the Visa or MC symbol on it. I always use my Debit for everything and I've had to have my bank do a charge back many times, I've always gotten my money immediately and they then wait to hear back from the vendor. The only difference is if there is an error on the amount they charge you, it does get taken out of your account (which isn't a big deal to me, but to some that may matter).