Decent trails/camping in SW Utah???

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
Does anyone know of some good camping and wheeling areas in SW Utah? I am looking for a place that is relatively easy to get to from both SLC and Las Vegas. I want to meet my brother there who lives in Vegas. We plan to bring both 4 wheel drives and ATVs.

Thanks!!!

JT

Houndoc

If you set up a base above Cedar City I would think you will find plenty of camping.

I am not real familiar with all the trails, but the Mountains above Beaver are great as well.

40_Below

Try Sand Hollow State Park Its located near Hurricane, UT, about 4 1/2 hours from SLC and about 2 hrs from Vegas.

Lots of dunes for ATV riding with tons of trails everywhere. There are also a lot of 4x4 trails too, lots of sand stone to crawl, and a lake to swim in.

Do a search across the whole forum for "hurricane" or "sand hollow" you'll get bunch of pics.

Here are some I took last weekend.

Here is a pic of the beach
DSC02900.JPG

Here's a nice poser shot in my Toyota
DSC02890.JPG

My friend in his Jeep
DSC02898.JPG

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
40_Below said:
Try Sand Hollow State Park Its located near Hurricane, UT, about 4 1/2 hours from SLC and about 2 hrs from Vegas.

Lots of dunes for ATV riding with tons of trails everywhere. There are also a lot of 4x4 trails too, lots of sand stone to crawl, and a lake to swim in.

Do a search across the whole forum for "hurricane" or "sand hollow" you'll get bunch of pics.

Wow. that looks really cool. I will look into it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The swell is sweet for scenic, but nothing difficult.

Outside of cedar is Skull Canyon. That was one of the hardest/most fun trails I've ever done. We did it in the snow and it was wicked.

I want to do that St. George trail! Who's in and when!

Cody