Deer Hunt: any luck?

StrobeNGH

no user title
Anyone else have any luck on the deer hunt?

I dropped a 215lb (dressed out) 5x6 by 8 am on the opener. I'd been scouting the area out for a while, and knew this deer very well.

Today, he was right where I expected him to be.

Meat_

Banned
I dropped a little bastard on the front stuffer. My hunting spot got burned up by some boy scouts earlier this year :(

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
All we saw were does and too many south of the border types who shot at every deer that they saw. Luckily they were lousy shots. The snow made it impossible to see and we came out around noon.

soda blaster

All we saw were does and too many south of the border types who shot at every deer that they saw. Luckily they were lousy shots.

You should report those who are doing that they are the ones who will end up ruining it for all of us. apperently you can get a hunting liscence without being here legally also huh. That is if they even had permits.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
:mad: So this morning I just about got in a fight. My dad who can't walk very far shoots this big 4 point, then as I was tracking it, some a$$hole starts tracking our deer, he scares it so it trys to get back up and he proceeds to blow 4 more holes in it. Then tells me that he had shot it earlier in the day, bullsh!t!!!
Dumb a$$ Californians hunting on my mountain:mad2:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Did you scare him off?

I seriously had my gun on the ground getting ready to beat the living piss outta him, when I realized that things could escalate rather quick seeing as how we both had guns and knives, and a deer just wasn't worth all that. I'm still pissed though.

Meat_

Banned
Yeah, I had someone make off with a 3x4 one year, I didn't really care though because I shot it in a moment of weakness after I'd been hunting for a week in the rain.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
:mad: So this morning I just about got in a fight. My dad who can't walk very far shoots this big 4 point, then as I was tracking it, some a$$hole starts tracking our deer, he scares it so it trys to get back up and he proceeds to blow 4 more holes in it. Then tells me that he had shot it earlier in the day, bullsh!t!!!
Dumb a$$ Californians hunting on my mountain:mad2:

I know a guy that initials the back end of his bullets before he loads them for this very reason and has had to clean the deer and find his bullet two different times to prove he shot it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I didnt' know we had any "big game" in UT. I think of elephants when I hear that! :rofl:

Elk are pretty big. And moose are certainly sizeable.