deer hunt unit thoughts

Chevycrew

Dont take time off work, hunt on foot, butcher yourself. Cost of hunting is just the fuel to get to mountains and bullets. Sounds cheaper than wheeling to me.

Houndoc

i was always told growing up, we go hunting to enjoy our selves, and every trip someone messes it up by shooting something

Cost of hunting, just like any hobby, is far from the point.

If my primary concern was saving money, I would drive a Hyundai, sell the boat and horses and just sit around at home.

But then mental health care and medical bills would in the end cost me way more! Not to mention the time all my hobbies give me with my family (parents, siblings, wife and kids) are all worth far more than extra cash in the bank!

bschroeder

I have seen a ton of amazing bucks in the last two years, granted I archery hunt only. To me I could care less on the harvest especially since I am looking for wall hangers. The most important part is the experience whether it with friends or family I have a lot of amazing memories from just being around camp.

Clutch

I hated last years hunt. I have hunted the same unit for 22 years. It was crazy!!! There were so many hunters and 4 wheelers and UTV's. I could not find one road in the whole area, whether it was public or private that didn't have an ATV track in it. For the first three days, it was none stop people. The fourth day? it snowed 17 inches.
The deer where scattered by all of the riders. I can't even believe I put in for the same area!! The DWR put 8000 hunters in the same area. IT SUCKED!