Delta Classic; class question

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Mine doesn’t have any original frame. It’s all tube, with a narrowed grille, hood, and cowl.
Square tube frame for a lot of it though, yeah? With it having that and much of a Jeep’s body panels I still think Legends unless you don’t wanna. I’d have to discuss all of this with cutie pie McMaxfield either way.

N-Smooth

I have wheeled with him in that the last 4 days last weekend. It's not a disadvantage. Regardless, it's fun to see him commit to come and compete.
I don't doubt he's capable of competing in it (and doing well) but it's certainly a disadvantage up against a similarly built rig with an auto. Don't be silly. Otherwise you'd see more manuals on course.

I'm happy with the Hickster competing in Legends or pro mod- he can pick!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Square tube frame for a lot of it though, yeah? With it having that and much of a Jeep’s body panels I still think Legends unless you don’t wanna. I’d have to discuss all of this with cutie pie McMaxfield either way.

It’s square tube from the motor mounts to the B-pillars. I don’t care which class, just wanna be open about the differences it has.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Some of us just know what all 3 pedals do.😉
I’m plenty capable of driving a manual crawler. Believe it or not I started in a manual Jeep and argued that an auto crawler would be lame and said I’d never own one. My eyes were opened and there’s still time for you too.

They’re definitely fun but will never be as capable as an auto on course. It’s just one more thing to worry about 🤷🏼‍♂️

Pile of parts

I’m plenty capable of driving a manual crawler. Believe it or not I started in a manual Jeep and argued that an auto crawler would be lame and said I’d never own one. My eyes were opened and there’s still time for you too.

They’re definitely fun but will never be as capable as an auto on course. It’s just one more thing to worry about 🤷🏼‍♂️
I agree and certainly not trying to start an argument. I really was just binging a little attention to myself, and the other 3 pedelers out there... I think it would almost feel like cheating after 20+ years of wheeling a manual. One day l'll switch. I almost did with my current engine swap (that will hopefully be ready to fire up tomorrow for a Sand Hollow trip next week) but that will require a major overhaul. Whereas leaving the manual, somewhat simplified the project. Depending on other possible wheeling trips, competing in the legends class might be a lot of fun.
Full frame here - is that what it takes to qualify?image2 (1).jpeg

N-Smooth

I agree and certainly not trying to start an argument. I really was just binging a little attention to myself, and the other 3 pedelers out there... I think it would almost feel like cheating after 20+ years of wheeling a manual. One day l'll switch. I almost did with my current engine swap (that will hopefully be ready to fire up tomorrow for a Sand Hollow trip next week) but that will require a major overhaul. Whereas leaving the manual, somewhat simplified the project. Depending on other possible wheeling trips, competing in the legends class might be a lot of fun.
Full frame here - is that what it takes to qualify?View attachment 159103
Your rig is exactly what legends is about. It’s perfect for it. 66% frame, 66% body is the loose rule.

Edit: most of the people that get bumped up from Stock is because of 3”+ of WB stretch or larger than 37’s.

Pile of parts

I've got to think competition courses vs trail riding is a lot like the comparison made between street racing vs strip. Two completely different things. I do ok on the trail but competing would be a completely new experience. The Delta event always sounds like a lot of fun!

N-Smooth

I've got to think competition courses vs trail riding is a lot like the comparison made between street racing vs strip. Two completely different things. I do ok on the trail but competing would be a completely new experience. The Delta event always sounds like a lot of fun!
It’s the best and you can find out for yourself in like a month!