Delta Classic; class question

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I've got to think competition courses vs trail riding is a lot like the comparison made between street racing vs strip. Two completely different things. I do ok on the trail but competing would be a completely new experience. The Delta event always sounds like a lot of fun!
It’s totally different than trail riding. Instead of making a big waterfall climb, you’re trying to miss a cone. Which sounds lame, but it’s such a blast. Make it happen; you won’t regret it.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
What will be my point penalty for having the YJ in stock class? Maybe penalty me for the ORIs and links but let me have some points back for the 33s?🤣

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
What will be my point penalty for having the YJ in stock class? Maybe penalty me for the ORIs and links but let me have some points back for the 33s?🤣
IMG_9743.jpeg
10 point penalty. No tire size bonus points cause that really sucked.

The real question is whether or not your wheelbase is within 3” of stock. It’s usually better to get ahead of it and take penalty points for it rather than have somebody challenge it. I’d have to check with Ryan but I think 10 points for that is fair too. It’s clearly a stock class rig so I have no interest in moving you to legends.

Edit: the WB penalty may or may not be necessary either and I fully claim the right to enforce or not enforce penalties. A lot of it depends on what exceptions we make for other competitors and what the class looks like overall. It’s surprisingly fluid and requires being open minded. Long story short, don’t envy my position 🤣

Last edited:

N-Smooth

I haven’t seen a post with actual details about a schedule yet… Is that a thing that gets done?
Yeah I’ll post about it in a few days. Do it too long before the event and everybody just forgets the details. I’ll get you the times in a bit

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
View attachment 159964
10 point penalty. No tire size bonus points cause that really sucked.

The real question is whether or not your wheelbase is within 3” of stock. It’s usually better to get ahead of it and take penalty points for it rather than have somebody challenge it. I’d have to check with Ryan but I think 10 points for that is fair too. It’s clearly a stock class rig so I have no interest in moving you to legends.

Edit: the WB penalty may or may not be necessary either and I fully claim the right to enforce or not enforce penalties. A lot of it depends on what exceptions we make for other competitors and what the class looks like overall. It’s surprisingly fluid and requires being open minded. Long story short, don’t envy my position 🤣
I really don't even know where I am at. So I must be within that allowable range.

N-Smooth

I haven’t seen a post with actual details about a schedule yet… Is that a thing that gets done?
I was just looking for a post from last year with a schedule and there isn’t one haha gotta keep that small event vibe alive I guess.
Loose schedule is as follows:

Friday:
9 AM tech and registration starts
12 PM drivers meeting
12:30 PM Judges meeting/training
1 PM crawling starts (usually finishes around 4-5)

Saturday:
10 AM crawling starts (usually finishes around 3-4)
After crawling ends minibike and mower races
Then rock race (if there’s enough interest)
Award ceremony

Last edited: