Did uroc cancel moab?

Bart

I was there, sick, and back home. I managed to hold down a hole bottle of water, part of a gatoraid, and a banana in the 28 hours I was there. Home now and didn't unpack, but need to feel substantially better in the next two days.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I saw the rock course today, and I wasn't impressed at all. Granted they were working on it, but it really looked like a BMX or bike track and not a rock racing course. :-\ I was excited to see it before, but now, not so much...

Bart

I heard the same thing from a competitor that has bowed out of the race. Bummer. I guess being on an accessable plot of private land will have its limitations.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
They still have a few days to move some dirt and rocks so it might completely change.

That said, I still haven't seen the course.

Meat_

Banned
I heard the same thing from a competitor that has bowed out of the race. Bummer. I guess being on an accessable plot of private land will have its limitations.

(not knowing anything about where it is....) Serves them right for not doing it at Area BFE

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I heard that there might be friction between the BFE guys and XRRA? The guy in the know isn't sure if that's why they aren't out there or if it was UROC had it reserved first or...?

But true, it could completely change over the next few days. They are indeed working on it. I drove by it again today (freeway distance) and I could see them over there moving dirt.....

Bart

Here's the scoop, as I understand it. Mike Weaver, owner of XRRA has been closely tied with BFE since forever. With BFE changing hands and management, they have their hands full keeping the place open, so they require a fee to run an event of that size. XRRA didn't want to pay the negotiated fee this year, so they elected not to use BFE.

UROC found out XRRA was not at BFE and assumed there was no race, so they scheduled a Rockcross there, not knowing that Mike/XRRA had negotiated a cheaper (not as good) venue. When $#it hit the fan that there was both an XRRA and UROC race (huge UROC bash on Pirates) UROC made arrangements to change the day to Friday, then ended up cancelling to make it easier on everyone.

That's the condensed story anyway.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Here's the scoop, as I understand it. Mike Weaver, owner of XRRA has been closely tied with BFE since forever. With BFE changing hands and management, they have their hands full keeping the place open, so they require a fee to run an event of that size. XRRA didn't want to pay the negotiated fee this year, so they elected not to use BFE.

UROC found out XRRA was not at BFE and assumed there was no race, so they scheduled a Rockcross there, not knowing that Mike/XRRA had negotiated a cheaper (not as good) venue. When $#it hit the fan that there was both an XRRA and UROC race (huge UROC bash on Pirates) UROC made arrangements to change the day to Friday, then ended up cancelling to make it easier on everyone.

That's the condensed story anyway.

There's more to it than that (heard the whole 15 minute story tonight - because we had to ask), but that's all people need to know ;) There are a lot of people that are butt hurt over this whole deal. We'll see how this all plays out Saturday. It'l be interesting to see who does/doesn't compete on Saturday and which sponsors will be there.... I highly doubt I'll be there. Not so much over this drama, but the venue. I drove by again tonight and that course is still not taking on a shape of a rock race course that I would like to see.

fatkid44

Use Wayne and AllJeep.com
I don't know exactly whats going on with all the politics, but that redrock raceway was a let down. As a spectator it was hard to see, and not nearly quite as exciting. We left at noon, and only stayed that long because we were waiting to see a local buddy run. I really wish that XRRA and BFE could get on the same page. We've been going since the inception. I don't know, after seeing Rockcross at RMR, if I'd pick that over XRRA at Redrock Raceway......XRRA and BFE is a match made in heaven for spectators.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know exactly whats going on with all the politics, but that redrock raceway was a let down. As a spectator it was hard to see, and not nearly quite as exciting. We left at noon, and only stayed that long because we were waiting to see a local buddy run. I really wish that XRRA and BFE could get on the same page. We've been going since the inception. I don't know, after seeing Rockcross at RMR, if I'd pick that over XRRA at Redrock Raceway......XRRA and BFE is a match made in heaven for spectators.

I totally agree with you, it wasn't nearly as fun as it could have been. The dust that the racers kicked up in the fast sections made it hard to see them on the rocks. Mabey if they had a water truck running over/next to the course every couple runs?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com

It's all drama.... The whole time I was listening to the story that's all I could think of.... I know every story has more than 1 side, but based on the side I heard, it's XRRA that has the beef with BFE and it's owners "bad image" .....BFE offered it to them; sent them the letter and everything. They didn't respond, so they offered it to UROC - you know, gotta have someone in there and knowing that UROC was chomping at the bit to take it..... Then I guess XRRA got pissy that they offered it to UROC. Come on children ;)

I didn't go. Not because the BFE thing, but because I just didn't. I drove by the course the night before, saw it was still a BMX course, and already seen enough. I drove by early during the event, and the parking lot looked packed. A few hours later it looked empty. Dust was all but gone, so maybe it was over by then?

Was any Maxxis guys out there running?