Didn't feel a thing....

NE_Utah

Man that sucks big time. I have always thought if anyone has been killed by a slab or a huge rock that fell from the walls of the canyon. Now I know.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I thought about that alot, especially when coming off the the ridge at the end of golden spike, No. of Moab, theres some rocks hanging up there that would wipe the road off the mountain along with anyone on it.

Bart

I've camped underneath those slabs and have always thought about it coming down. I know it's a rare occurance, but it does happen. We're heading to Powell on Friday, and I don't think I'll be hanging out underneath any rocks like that.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
What are the odds? I've never seen a rock fall either. It'd be awesome to watch, as long as no one's under it.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I witnessed a large one by the confluence of the Green and Colorodo rivers many moons ago.

Also many moons ago, there was a very big slab that fell into the main channel up by Bullfrog. This slab must be about 100 yards long and 30 feet thick. There was a group camped across the river from the fall … nuked them all.

The tsunami this fall created went 90 miles down channel to Wahweep, washing house boats onto the shore.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I got to drive over a fallen rock in one of the canyons over by Gemini Bridges/Bull Canyon (if that's the one that goes up to the bottom of Gemini--I haven't been over there for years) area. It wasn't HUGE, but big enough to do some damage if it hit someone. About the size of the hood of my XJ and about 2-3 ft. thick.

When I drove in, it wasn't there. On my way out, it was. Closest I've come to seeing one 'fall'.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I witnessed a large one by the confluence of the Green and Colorodo rivers many moons ago.

Also many moons ago, there was a very big slab that fell into the main channel up by Bullfrog. This slab must be about 100 yards long and 30 feet thick. There was a group camped across the river from the fall … nuked them all.

The tsunami this fall created went 90 miles down channel to Wahweep, washing house boats onto the shore.

I was going to mention that one as well. Definately was a huge piece that fell there.

Crinco

You look around and they are every where! Some as big as a house, and they all look like they will fall as soon as the next breeze comes along....
That might be one of the best ways to die really, I cant imagine you would feel anything! That's where you would stay too.
I think I finally understand what it must be like to be a FLY! :rofl:
CR

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I think Cruiseroutfit saw one fall up by Big Bend CG near Moab...

But yeah, would be quite a sight.

sbr

When my brother was in school on the ski program they saw this rock the size of a car fall and land right on top of a volkeswagon bug and smash both people in it flat. This was right in big cottonwood canyon.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We came across a MASSIVE rock that fell in Spanish Fork canyon about 10 min after it happened... it was a strange sight, big rock right in the center of the road.

Crinco

We came across a MASSIVE rock that fell in Spanish Fork canyon about 10 min after it happened... it was a strange sight, big rock right in the center of the road.

That road between Spanish Fork and price is a terrible stretch of highway. If it doesn't have Deer and Rocks then there are Train wrecks and Trucks blowing up!
I seen a truck load of bricks fall on a car going the other way once in that canyon years back, that was a mess!

CR