diesel gas milege?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Hickey said:
235's?!?!? that's TEENY :eek: Is there no easy adjustment for Doge speedo's? I know for the 1994-1997 PSD's you can adjust it yourself quite easily.

Why adjust?? drive more record less. not such a bad idea. :greg: 100k is better than 110k right? Plus I feel better when speedo says 75 even though I know I'm really doing closer to 85... :rofl: ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Herzog said:
A BHAF! I need to do that... I run a K&N and I'm kinda concerned about it. :-\
I would be putting it on right now, but I have to go to work in about an hour...
can't wait. Should really wake up my truck.

fergusor

leorn said:
exhaust is expensive, but the k&n filter is 50 bucks for the biggest one you can buy at your local auto parts store. You just have to adapt it yourself. That will give you power and better mileage. Of course it works best combined with exhaust!

Ive herd nothing but bad things on k&n filters Buy a good filter and I bought a 4" turbo back kit for 300 its not SS but Im not running a show truck

mesha

By endurance we conquer
rust bucket said:
I just bought a 1999 Dodge 2500, 24v, turbo diesel. My question is how can I get better gas milege out of it. It has 4in exhaust, afe intake and a biger turbo. It doset have a chip and we dont know about the injectors. the competer thing says its geting 14.9mpg. any ideas???

I have a 2000 cummins I was getting 15. I put a van aaken transfer pump module in and I am getting 19 now. I get 15 towing 12000 lbs. I don't have an intake or exhaust yet. If I drive careful I get 20-21. for what it's worth.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
mesha said:
I have a 2000 cummins I was getting 15. I put a van aaken transfer pump module in and I am getting 19 now. I get 15 towing 12000 lbs. I don't have an intake or exhaust yet. If I drive careful I get 20-21. for what it's worth.

thats what i have, a van aaken thing. what model is yours? how do you adjust it, if possible?
where did you get it from?
sorry for the questions, but it came with my truck and i want info about it

is your truck auto or manual?

thanks man
-nate

asau

would you please let me know where you got the 4" turbo back kit for 300 for, i went to 4 wheel parts and they priced it at over 1000 without uinstall :(

fergusor said:
Ive herd nothing but bad things on k&n filters Buy a good filter and I bought a 4" turbo back kit for 300 its not SS but Im not running a show truck

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
asau said:
would you please let me know where you got the 4" turbo back kit for 300 for, i went to 4 wheel parts and they priced it at over 1000 without uinstall :(

well thats 4wp... duh!

i have 4" turbo back, but it came with the truck. on this subject, does anyone know about legality issues regarding not having a muffler?
my 4" kit just has a muffler, no cat, am i illegal? can i take the muffler off too? sorry for the dumbass newb q's, but lets face it i am a dumbass newb