Do Leaf Spring Sliders Work?

SSR

Does anyone have experience with leaf spring sliders? Do they work? They look easy enough to fabricate, look like they should be at least as robust as shackles, if not more so. Appear to be a good solution to keep a leaf sprung rig low. I have read the boxes bend, which shouldn't be too difficult to solve. So why isn't everyone running them? Application will be front axle, 80% trail rig, 109" wheelbase YJ.

https://liquidironindustries.com/Liquid-Iron-Industries-Universal-Slider-Box-Kit.html

image.jpg

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
From what I've seen, they can/do work pretty well....for a while. Longevity is their problem. Parts wear quickly, and especially when they get dirty. (which they will) My opinion would be to go with a more maintenance-free solution like a normal shackle.

Then again, I'd also vote for getting rid of leaf springs altogether, so my advice might not be completely sane when it relates to someone else's plans/desires. :p

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
LII builds quality stuff and he's had them on his XJ for a loooooong time now. All of the negative stuff I've seen about slider boxes has been related to the cheaper versions out there, not the LII ones. One day I'll have another XJ with front leafs and I'm going to use them- probably in shackle reversal configuration.

I have several friends that ran them from xj's to a rockwell cj. I have noticed they do tend to wear like mentioned above. But seemed to work great.