Does your garage get dead flies?

Tonkaman

A few years back I cut a couple windows into my detached garage. Ever since, my garage gets layered in dead flies. It happens all seasons of the year too. The worst areas are obviously right below the windows themselves. I have to clean up a hundred dead flies every time I’m in that corner. I thought insulating and sheeting the walls would help, but flies still get trapped inside by the hundreds

Do you guys have similar problems? If so what are you doing to help?
930E9A5A-65E1-4685-9CB5-44FEB589E204.jpeg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I don't get many flies, but I get quite a few wasps and hornets dead in the window tracks. A couple a week. if I clean them out, I get a couple more but if I leave the dead bodies there it seems to signal others not to come in.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I get a ton of other winged creatures, but never any flies.

My guess is that they are always at the bottom of the window there because they are attracted to the window in the light, but end up dying because they can’t get out.
I would hang a handful of fly traps in different places in the garage and see if one ends up with more than the others, that may indicate something in that area that is attracting them into the garage. 🤷🏼‍♂️ But I am just making this up as I go.

rholbrook

Since you brought the topic up and asked for advice....there are most likely two reasons, one, what @frieed said but I want to add, use soap. The second is usually something dead is near by. I haven't seen pictures of your family for a few weeks. My advice is to put them in a big freezer and not hanging in the garage.