DOM

4Runner

I'm looking for some 1 1/4X.1/4 DOM. If you could just point me in the right way that would be great. Would be wiling to buy already cut peaces no shorter then 3 1/2 feet

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have quite a bit of 1.25" .281 (for threading 3/4-16) or 1.25" .219 (for threading 7/8"-14 or 18). I use it for making steering or suspension links usually. How much do you need?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If you have weld-in bungs you want to use, you most likely need 1.5" .250, not 1.25". The stuff I have is sized for directly threading, no weld-in threaded inserts.

kawzx10

We were looking at the ruffstuff weld in bunges for 1 ton tres. Which calls for the 1.5x.250. How do you guys feel about those is threading the tube better?

thenag

We were looking at the ruffstuff weld in bunges for 1 ton tres. Which calls for the 1.5x.250. How do you guys feel about those is threading the tube better?

I have the ruff stuff kit with the weld in, I really like being able to put a wrench on the nut part to lock the nut.

(maybe Carl could machine a flat spot on the DOM? It could be far from the end so it wouldn't be where the threads were cut if strength was a concern)

I am sure one method is stronger than the other but I would bet the TRE would break long before the DOM, threads, or nut insert.

nathan
99 xj with stuff