Don't Like Hearing The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

billforce

What the **** is up with this??????

Who Shouldn't You Take Your Axles To And Who Should You Take Them To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Take Your Axles To ---------------- They Use To Be ------------ They Have No Clue What They Are Doing All They Have Is A Leath No Press And No Line Up Bar These Are 2 Very Important Tools Or You Can Take Your Axle To Them But It Won't Be Straight And You Will Blow Seals Your Locker And Good Luck If You Get That Far To Even Get You Splins To Mesh Take Your Axles To Teraflex They Have All The Right Tool And They Do It Every Day Outer Limits Told Me That My Hoseing Was No Good Worped Bent I Said Ya Right I Took It To Teraflex They Said It Is Just Fine Ya Outer Limits Screwed Up On My Axles And Didn't Want To Admit It But Everyone Else Could See The Screw Up Just A Word Of Advise

Extrme Off Road Elements

I did remove the part about chassis from the post. becuse I dont want anyone think that I had anything to do with this post. I did see the axle and told them to take it to the other shop a see what they say and they did just that.

A few days ago the owner of Extreme Elements offroad from down south, post a thread about some axlas work done at one of the shop in town I will not give a name on your guys board. They didn't do the best job with it so they have taken it to a few shop in town and were told that they need to have fix right. So they are doing just that. So becuse they feel that that shop has not taking the right step in fixing the axle. they posted that they feel that this shop is giving out false information about doing axle work. So then the posts were removed from the board why is this ??? Was it becuse some of you think that I post it? You were wrong about that if so. Then he was banned from RME. What bullshit this is. Is RME not looking for support from the shops and there money? Why would this guy want to support this board with is money if he can't say what happened to him at a shop in town?

wild Bill

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I know I couldn't/wouldn't read his drivel. Most posts (such as the first one above) that are that difficult to read we move because they don't make any sense.

English was a somewhat valuable class in high school. It helps you get your point across in written form....

I've pointed out some examples below. Just trying to help......

billforce said:
......Extrme Off Road Elements......

I did remove the part about chassis from the post. becuse I dont want anyone think that I had anything to do with this post. I did see the axle and told them to take it to the other shop a see what they say and they did just that.

What part about the chassis from the post? You didn't have anything to do with the post? What is your concern, then?

I have not seen the axle.......I know nothing about it. Pictures and meaningful descriptions would be fine. We'd all like to not have to learn things the 'hard way', so sharing information about poor work is welcome. However, it's always nice to be somewhat objective and let the reader draw their own conclusions about 'poor' work. Posts I've seen of yours just SLAM other shops, and all I get out of it is that you've got an axe to grind. Please find another method.......

billforce said:
A few days ago the owner of Extreme Elements offroad from down south, post a thread about some axlas work done at one of the shop in town I will not give a name on your guys board.

Again, why are you posting for 'another shop'.....??

billforce said:
They didn't do the best job with it so they have taken it to a few shop in town and were told that they need to have fix right. So they are doing just that. So becuse they feel that that shop has not taking the right step in fixing the axle. they posted that they feel that this shop is giving out false information about doing axle work.

Again, pictures and objective descriptions (let the reader draw their own conclusions) would be great!

billforce said:
So then the posts were removed from the board why is this ??? Was it becuse some of you think that I post it? You were wrong about that if so. Then he was banned from RME. What bullshit this is. Is RME not looking for support from the shops and there money?

I think the posts were removed for lack of clarity and difficulty to read. I can't speak to the exact reason for removal, but that's my perception. I don't think RME is looking to exclude ANY local shops from supporting the board. However, 'Shop Wars' will NOT be tolerated as I don't need to know the 'Days of our Lives' version of any contention between shops.

billforce said:
Why would this guy want to support this board with is money if he can't say what happened to him at a shop in town?

wild Bill

If he's a local shop owner, why doesn't he just build his own axles? Objective reporting would be welcomed....... Shoving an opinion down someone's throat with poor grammer and rediculous spelling is not too welcome.

hahaha :rofl: It is hard to understand...
I did see the post that your buddy made before it was removed, and I can tell you that it deserved to be removed. It was very un-professional and offensive. If he had a problem he could have gone about it many other ways...And he said that he got his money back. so what's he b*tchin about?

Nice touch to tell everyone what shop he owns/supports....Bet that'll bring in all sorts of customers

billforce

mbryson said:
I know I couldn't/wouldn't read his drivel. Most posts (such as the first one above) that are that difficult to read we move because they don't make any sense.

English was a somewhat valuable class in high school. It helps you get your point across in written form....

Your right about the english thing that is why I am going back to school just so I can make sense. So does this me that everyone that can't write should be deleted from saying anything?

Wild Bill

mbryson

Supporting Member
billforce said:
Your right about the english thing that is why I am going back to school just so I can make sense. So does this me that everyone that can't write should be deleted from saying anything?

Wild Bill

The above post is one of the most logical I've ever seen from you. Good work! .....and YES, I think if you can't write and your posts don't make sense I should be (and will until told differently by board management) able to make judgements on deleting for clarity.

TACT! Stick to the facts and let people draw their own conclusions. You are an extremely passionate person and that comes out in your writing (I think, at least as much of it as I can read). If you are tactful, and let the facts speak for themselves people will understand. Stick to the facts, and try to keep your emotions out of the posts....

Example:

Picture of issue (whatever it is)

I had this axle built and narrowed by a local shop (you might not even have to use a shop's name). I was having trouble installing the axle in my chassis due to poorly aligned brackets (or whatever). After taking the axle back to the original shop to see if there was a mistake made, they didn't seem to want to admit there was a problem. I'm left with an axle that won't work for my application and have a fair amount of $$$$ invested. To reach any kind of resolution, I felt I should take the axle to a few other local shops and have them tell me if there were issues that should be addressed and what it would cost to have their shop fix it.

Shop A seemed very interested in working with and creating a resolution for me. They mentioned that if they removed the existing brackets and built new ones, they thought that would work for me. They quoted me $$$$ to build the axle to their specs.

Shop B also seemed like they would be easy to work with, and mentioned the same problems. I also felt better about the work that was in the shop of Shop B and liked the 'customer experience' better there.

I'm going to go back to the original shop and point out the issues that I have learned and let them try to make things right armed with my new knowledge and competitive quotes. If the original shop can't make things right, I'll take my business to Shop B.

Worth a shot?

Caleb

Just to add a little insight Bill, the posts were reported to me (as the Gen4x4 mod) by a member of the board. Not a shop owner, not another moderator, a stinkin member. To me, your buddy had one point and one point only being here, and that was to bash another (supporting) vendor. Like Mbryson pointed out, if the post was just the facts with some pictures of the problems and let the readers make their own concludion that would have been a different story. Its obvious what his intentions were, and even more obvious now after seeing those EXACT same posts on PBB.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
grow up bill. once you learn to act like an adult, and make logical, well supported arguments, people might then begin to respect you.

The other question I have ......is it difficult for you to distinguish between the many online personalities you have created to make the same arguments?

billforce

mbryson said:

I've pointed out some examples below. Just trying to help......

What part about the chassis from the post? You didn't have anything to do with the post? What is your concern, then?

WHEN HE FIRST POSTED HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MY CHASSIS.

I have not seen the axle.......I know nothing about it. Pictures and meaningful descriptions would be fine. We'd all like to not have to learn things the 'hard way', so sharing information about poor work is welcome. However, it's always nice to be somewhat objective and let the reader draw their own conclusions about 'poor' work. Posts I've seen of yours just SLAM other shops, and all I get out of it is that you've got an axe to grind. Please find another method.......

HOW CAN SOME ONE TAKE A PICTURE OF A BENT AXLE SO YOU CAN SEE A 1/2 INCH

Again, why are you posting for 'another shop'.....??

BECUSE SOME MEMBER ON THIS BOARD ASSUMED THAT IT WAS ME POSTING SO THEY BANNED HIM FROM RME

Again, pictures and objective descriptions (let the reader draw their own conclusions) would be great!

I think the posts were removed for lack of clarity and difficulty to read. I can't speak to the exact reason for removal, but that's my perception. I don't think RME is looking to exclude ANY local shops from supporting the board. However, 'Shop Wars' will NOT be tolerated as I don't need to know the 'Days of our Lives' version of any contention between shops.

If he's a local shop owner, why doesn't he just build his own axles? Objective reporting would be welcomed....... Shoving an opinion down someone's throat with poor grammer and rediculous spelling is not too welcome.

MOST SMALL SHOP DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TOOL TO DO AXLES THE RIGHT WAY.

FROM WHAT I NOW THERE ARE JUST A FEW COMPANYS OUT THEIR THAT DO.

WILD BILL

why i posted what I did

All i was trying to do was say Outer Limits screwed up my axle they don't have the right tools to build axles yet they advertise they do my axle was the first one they have done out of that shop and it looked like crap other shops sow it and they agreed Bill didn't put me up to this I posted it on my own and build my own axle that is not my bussiness i do custom bumpers racks tire carriers i don't have the right tools to build my own axles

mbryson

Supporting Member
jeepelements said:
All i was trying to do was say Outer Limits screwed up my axle they don't have the right tools to build axles yet they advertise they do my axle was the first one they have done out of that shop and it looked like crap other shops sow it and they agreed Bill didn't put me up to this I posted it on my own and build my own axle that is not my bussiness i do custom bumpers racks tire carriers i don't have the right tools to build my own axles

PLEASE let me see if I can help with your drivel.

jeepelements--'Fixed' by Mbryson said:
All I was trying to do was say Outer Limits screwed up my axle. They don't have the right tools to build axles yet they advertise they do. My axle was the first one they have done out of that shop and it looked like crap! Other shops saw it and they agreed. Bill didn't put me up to this, I posted it on my own. Now you're telling me to build my own axle. That is not my bussines, I do custom bumpers racks tire carriers. I don't have the right tools to build my own axles

Again, I don't have any problem with you telling about your experience with Outer Limits. It's mostly the HOW you did it and how rediculous it is to read and interpret due to your poor writing skills. I'm not an English teacher/major, but good he!!, TRY to make your posts make sense. Punctuation is kinda nice. A good rule of thumb is to put a period at the end of each sentence and a capital at the start of the next one. A 'sentence' can be defined as a something where you might take a breath. If I read that like you've written it, I run out of breath and get tired of even reading if I hadn't passed out.

Also, it could be nice to stick to the facts, and let readers create their own opinions. From the post on Pirate4x4.com, I read Parker's response and think I know where I stand on your issue but I'll keep my opinions about your axle issue out of this post as I'm trying to help you out here. {why, I don't know--I'm going way OVER AND ABOVE what a moderator should do}

Parker

jeepelements said:

Obviously you jumped on the band wagon w/ Bill buddy. I've done everything I can to help you. Keep on ramblin' on the net... I hope all goes well for you. This has nothing to do with Matt yet you drag him into this like he's done something to wrong you. This was between me and you... try and stay focused.

Explanation…

Customer buys axle off of e-bay… tubes had been cut off (leaving ½” of tube on each side) bearing caps don’t match housing (shouldn’t have ever accepted housing… lesson learned).

Outer Limit builds axle to customer specs. Customer brings back axle demanding axle be fixed as it was not straight. Outer Limit chucks up axle in lathe and determines axle tubes are straight to existing tubes. Continue to pull bearing caps out and set face of axle on mill vice (completely flat surface). Housing rocks a good 3/16 of an inch. Put axle back into lathe and true long side to the center section (spins true), short side not spinning true. Try to machine the center section on the short side so it will sit on steady rest… housing is so sprung that the area that was machined on the housing for the steady rest is oblong by roughly 3/8 of inch. HOUSING IS NOT STRAIGHT.

Called customer, had him come in and demonstrated to him for his own eyes that the housing was sprung. He said fine… but wanted a second opinion. That's great... although there are some out there who truly believe they know everything, Outer Limit doesn't profess to know everything. If I screw up, I want to know how and why so I can fix the problem for the future. He continues to tell me who he is going to take the housing to for a second opinion (keep in mind there is 30” of 3 1/8” .500 Wall Tubing still attached to the housing which has not been paid for). I call the machine shop that the customer was “supposedly” taking the axle to to let them know they will be having a customer show up soon to have his housing checked. Well, the machinist had already gone home for the evening… “I’ll try him tomorrow” I thought. An hour or so later the customer calls me back and tells me he’s been to four places… all of which said the housing was straight. Now I’m really confused so I call all the places he “supposedly” took the axle to so I could find out how they determined the axle was straight… come to find out he never went to a single one. He claimed he took it to the machinist that had gone home early. Hmmm… how does a machinist that is not even there spin an axle? Now he says that TeraFlex is going to fix his supposed “straight” axle… well, just got of the phone with them too and they aren’t going to touch it.

I find this situation all together funny… you bought a sprung axle… **** happens. I told you if you found me another housing I would be happy to rebuild to your specs at the original cost that was quoted. All I’ve ever done is try to help you Zac. Outer Limit has and always will stand behind all work that is completed in our shop. I’ve lost my ass on this deal as well… you were dishonest with me and now you’ve slandered our name on the net. Gee… thanks. Please either find another housing that is straight and I will be happy to build it to your specs, otherwise bring me back your twisted housing so I can get my tubing back. Thanks.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Sounds to me like someone got ****ed on a housing off ebay and wants someone else to fix it.

also sounds like Parker took care of you, and your not happy because he couldn't fix a bad housing, that has nothing to do with Parker.

mbryson

Supporting Member
James K said:
Sounds to me like someone got ****ed on a housing off ebay and wants someone else to fix it.

also sounds like Parker took care of you, and your not happy because he couldn't fix a bad housing, that has nothing to do with Parker.

That's how I read it. I'm hoping Parker doesn't have to chase this thread all around the net to save the business' image. I bet he's got other things to do. If you've got a pooched housing, you've got a pooched housing. Find a different one and it looks like Parker will take care of the situation even after all this. Says a lot about the vendor to me.

What are you going to do Zac? Seems if they make good (just the fact they're still willing to work with you says enough, I think) you've got a lot of 'damage control' to take care of for them, also.

What if the same type of thing happened on one of your products.....???

Parker said:
............Customer buys axle off of e-bay… tubes had been cut off (leaving ½” of tube on each side) bearing caps don’t match housing (shouldn’t have ever accepted housing… lesson learned).

Outer Limit builds axle to customer specs. Customer brings back axle demanding axle be fixed as it was not straight. Outer Limit chucks up axle in lathe and determines axle tubes are straight to existing tubes. Continue to pull bearing caps out and set face of axle on mill vice (completely flat surface). Housing rocks a good 3/16 of an inch. Put axle back into lathe and true long side to the center section (spins true), short side not spinning true. Try to machine the center section on the short side so it will sit on steady rest… housing is so sprung that the area that was machined on the housing for the steady rest is oblong by roughly 3/8 of inch. HOUSING IS NOT STRAIGHT.

Called customer, had him come in and demonstrated to him for his own eyes that the housing was sprung. He said fine… but wanted a second opinion. That's great... although there are some out there who truly believe they know everything, Outer Limit doesn't profess to know everything. If I screw up, I want to know how and why so I can fix the problem for the future. He continues to tell me who he is going to take the housing to for a second opinion (keep in mind there is 30” of 3 1/8” .500 Wall Tubing still attached to the housing which has not been paid for). I call the machine shop that the customer was “supposedly” taking the axle to to let them know they will be having a customer show up soon to have his housing checked. Well, the machinist had already gone home for the evening… “I’ll try him tomorrow” I thought. An hour or so later the customer calls me back and tells me he’s been to four places… all of which said the housing was straight. Now I’m really confused so I call all the places he “supposedly” took the axle to so I could find out how they determined the axle was straight… come to find out he never went to a single one. He claimed he took it to the machinist that had gone home early. Hmmm… how does a machinist that is not even there spin an axle? Now he says that TeraFlex is going to fix his supposed “straight” axle… well, just got of the phone with them too and they aren’t going to touch it.

Looks like he's spent quite a bit of time to make sure they didn't make a mistake and bend your housing. I don't know a he!! of a lot about lathes and their abilities to bend housings, but he's doing a lot of work for potentially nothing. It also sounds like he's checked up on you a little and he's getting the 'run-around' from you (I'm being nice as an observationist).

Parker said:
I find this situation all together funny… you bought a sprung axle… **** happens. I told you if you found me another housing I would be happy to rebuild to your specs at the original cost that was quoted. All I’ve ever done is try to help you Zac. Outer Limit has and always will stand behind all work that is completed in our shop. I’ve lost my ass on this deal as well… you were dishonest with me and now you’ve slandered our name on the net. Gee… thanks. Please either find another housing that is straight and I will be happy to build it to your specs, otherwise bring me back your twisted housing so I can get my tubing back. Thanks.

Gracious? yes

Explain to me on this topic not grammer

How can I change this topic so it sticks to the topic of the axle i thought that i put the topic out there. Give me an example of this topic of how I can say they screwed up my axle. with out telling the story of what happened

mbryson

Supporting Member
jeepelements said:
How can I change this topic so it sticks to the topic of the axle i thought that i put the topic out there. Give me an example of this topic of how I can say they screwed up my axle. with out telling the story of what happened

I can make a new one for you in General 4x4 that will include what I perceive to be relevant to this topic, if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.