#dontcallitaSXS build

The_Lobbster

You could just save yourself a whole lot of trouble and buy one of these:

Aside from the CV axle thing, it meets all your criteria. Plus you'd be elevated to the rarified air of RME Samurai owner. Only the coolest kids can say that! :cool:
When he started this thread, I thought exactly this. Or use a track/kick tin top body on custom chassis.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

s-l16001.jpg

Aside from the CV axle thing, it meets all your criteria. Plus you'd be elevated to the rarified air of RME Samurai owner. Only the coolest kids can say that! :cool:
That's what mere mortals like you or I would do. I suspect that at least 50% of the motivation for why he's doing it the way he's doing it is just to see if he can and I'm all for it. Weird stuff like this is awesome to me because it's the kind of harebrained crap I think up all the time, except Chance has the experience and self confidence to think he can pull it off.

I'm excited to see it come together.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
That's what mere mortals like you or I would do. I suspect that at least 50% of the motivation for why he's doing it the way he's doing it is just to see if he can and I'm all for it. Weird stuff like this is awesome to me because it's the kind of harebrained crap I think up all the time, except Chance has the experience and self confidence to think he can pull it off.

Oh yeah, when Chance was telling me about it at the RME Meet & Greet you missed, it was very impressive. The only thing that would make it more impressive is if he 3D printed the whole thing. :D

STAG

On my grind

s-l16001.jpg

Nothin against Suzukis, but they just don’t do it for me.

STAG

On my grind

This is as much an engineering project for me as it is a vehicle build. I am a hands-on learner and I get my kicks off problem solving and ingenuity.

I never went to college but I consider it to be akin to a senior project for mechanical engineering, at the school of YouTube University.

STAG

On my grind
Oh yeah, when Chance was telling me about it at the RME Meet & Greet you missed, it was very impressive. The only thing that would make it more impressive is if he 3D printed the whole thing. :D
3D printing will be used widely for R&D and prototyping etc but I don’t expect to really have hardly any finished parts at the end of the build that were printed.

STAG

On my grind
Those are sxs seats. I don’t know if I can trust this build or not.
If you really needed another reason for trust issues, the differentials came today.

Rough locations
F94A10D9-7EE3-48D0-8DC5-3A78E7D12C3C.jpeg
588A00BE-3C75-4D64-8FC0-A333EB8DD31D.jpeg
92584C47-BA55-4762-B593-D2D24F79C351.jpeg
AC10A350-E8AB-43EF-85CD-BAB561EF5B8A.jpeg

Electric locking diffs. They spin in the correct directions for me in these orientations.

How the diff lock works.

I will grab my bathroom scale to see what they weigh but they aren’t super heavy.

Gear ratio is 3.6:1 which yeah is a little tall but the portals will help.

STAG

On my grind
The mock-up wheels I bought are 5 lug on 5” pattern.

I plan to run 4-lug for the final iteration, so I couldn’t use my 4-lug hubs I have in order to attach to my wheels. I want to work on getting this to be a roller, so I’ll need to get the wheels mounted to the chassis and rollable.

I didn’t want to buy 5-lug hubs for this because they would only be temporary, and I didn’t want to make 4-lug to 5-lug adapters because then the extra width of those would have to be compensated into the design and then subtracted out later.

So instead I modeled 5-lug dummy spindle hubs and printed them out. These are the same width from Wheel-Mounting-Surface to where the hub will meet the spindle, as the 4-lug hubs I’m going to be using (1 7/8”) so these can be used as an exact substitute for the 4-lug hubs during mock-up, until I get my 4-lug wheels.

Anyways, to the hubs.

Modeled and printed some castle nuts. It’s a 28mm thread diameter (real close to 1 1/8”)
A8E6C734-2F52-45D2-B97B-C9556AAD6955.jpeg
Spindle
B35296A1-7160-446D-A777-053AC1041321.jpeg
All parts (Amazon lug studs)
B82FEE96-542E-46D5-A7CD-EDC04D98E0AC.jpeg
Some grease on the rolling surfaces.
3C76142E-11F5-4B12-8AC5-B488ABA109F1.jpeg

Assembled
46BBF88B-1318-4CC4-AB8B-5765B90D04DC.jpeg
And installed with lug nuts taken off the Accord
102A3914-2087-43A7-9DEE-84117D9292BD.jpeg