Archived Eat at Pasta J during EJS!

Give me a ****ing break man. Did you report the situation to the Health Department or were you just looking to smite the offenders because they didn't take away your pain by giving you free stuff?

What I did not like was that when I called them and told them that three of us got sick, there response was very arrogant and defensive. After a few minutes, they allowed that they did have a problem that night. Finally they told me that they had not cooked the chicken enough and there was another, unspecified problem. After ten minutes, I still had not said what I would have liked for satisfaction, they finally, grudgingly offered coupons for another meal. If they had not started out with an attitude, I might have considered giving them another chance. As I originally posted, if they made me sick the first time, why would I try them again?

Last edited:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
i too have eaten there many times, and with great pleasure.

Funny how you just decide to post this almost a year later, and never notified authorities.

Years ago Beto's got a bad rap for unsafe conditions, i still eat there once a week. Guess my guts are tougher.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
What I did not like was that when I called them and told them that three of us got sick, there response was very arrogant and defensive. After a few minutes, they allowed that they did have a problem that night. Finally they told me that they had not cooked the chicken enough and there was another, unspecified problem. After ten minutes, I still had not said what I would have liked for satisfaction, they finally, grudgingly offered coupons for another meal. If they had not started out with an attitude, I might have considered giving them another chance. As I originally posted, if they made me sick the first time, why would I try them again?

Problem number one here is that you contacted the restaurant, not the DoH. The DoH would probably have investigated, the restaurant isn't going to do jack for someone calling 2-3 days later from the east coast claiming to have gotten food poisoning. Sorry bud, but that manager had more immediate concerns than you. Also, I have a feeling that when you called you were very aggressive and accusatory. And from working in customer service for years, you call up with that attitude, I'm automatically going on the defensive. Sugar and honey gets results, not salt and vinegar (who wants chips now? Mmmmm).
Anyway, you're a horrible person for killing Cody's nana! I hate Cody with the passion of 10,000 burning suns, but his nana? Thats heartless.

Taco4life

I am pretty certain that the correct spelling of the name of the resteraunt is Pasta Jay's not "J's" This was my first dining experience in Moab, this was years ago but it has always held a place in my heart. In fact I ate there on Wednesday for lunch, I tried a sandwich that I had never had on the menu and it was unbelievably good! I have been craving another one ever since, sorry to hear about your bad luck. But I will continue to eat at Pasta Jay's!

chans

Pasta Jays is great. I eat there every time I'm in Moab. Do you realize it Takes more than a few minutes for food poisoning to kick in? Like about a day? You have to digest the contaminated food first. When you call the board of health they ask where you ate the previous 24hrs.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

But did you call the DOH?

If yes, than at least you're a reasonable human that thinks of something beyond the idea of "what can this situation do for me".

If no, go away. You lose and you are a drain on society. You're the customer that is always wrong, and nobody wants in their establishment. ****ing serious.

In fact, send me your name so that I know to refuse you service if you ever patronize an establishment that I have an active interest in.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What did you have for lunch? Rarely is the incubation period for event a fast moving bacterial toxin or a chemical food born illness under several hours from the time the food is introduced to your body.

Perhaps your Burger King lunch was stirred up by a warm soup ;)

LonnieC

I have lived in moab my entire life and the only negative thing that i can say about pasta j's is that you are most likely going to smell like garlic for a day or to after you eat there... but i love garlic so i will deal with it, besides you never know when the vampires are going to come after you! haha jk

Brosiph4x4

Personally i dont care for the food there. Yes it does always smell good but taste and smell are two diffrent things.And it doesnt make him a bad customer for telling the truth about ruining his EJS week!!!!Bacause the skid marks in his seats were not from wheelin LOL!!!

Last edited:

Caleb

What did you have for lunch? Rarely is the incubation period for event a fast moving bacterial toxin or a chemical food born illness under several hours from the time the food is introduced to your body.

Perhaps your Burger King lunch was stirred up by a warm soup ;)
Exactly. Food poisoning won't set in before you leave, at minimum it will be a couple hours or longer before food poisoning will set in. Salmonella (food poisoning you will get from chicken as you claim is what it's from) takes 1-3 days. Maybe this is why they didn't take you serious. Until you can prove it was Pasta Jay's, you don't have any idea where it came from.

R

rockdog

Problem number one here is that you contacted the restaurant, not the DoH. The DoH would probably have investigated, the restaurant isn't going to do jack for someone calling 2-3 days later from the east coast claiming to have gotten food poisoning. Sorry bud, but that manager had more immediate concerns than you. Also, I have a feeling that when you called you were very aggressive and accusatory. And from working in customer service for years, you call up with that attitude, I'm automatically going on the defensive. Sugar and honey gets results, not salt and vinegar (who wants chips now? Mmmmm).
Anyway, you're a horrible person for killing Cody's nana! I hate Cody with the passion of 10,000 burning suns, but his nana? Thats heartless.[/QU

Why do you hate Cody with the passion of 10,000 burning suns but love his nana? She looked just like him and acted just like him.:eek:
So how come you didn't hate her? Just cause she was a nana?

Coco

Pasta jays is the all out bomb!!!!!!! Love that place, the BEST Italian restaurant I have been too! Damn it, now I am craving pasta jays.... :( CMON EJS!!!!!