Egg Beater Build (AKA Scrambler)

webyepn

gone yeepn
To pull my cage out I used ratchet straps to pull the legs together a few inches & then lifted it out with a chain hoist! Then the same going back in after welding & paint! :cool:

It worked out pretty well except for some bolt hole alignment issues, probably due to both welding & squeezing them down.:-\ But, with some wood blocks & a load locking bar I got all but 2 of them in & only had to open the holes up a little to get them in!:D

I'm looking forward to seeing more!:)

Deweyxj, That is the same way I am going to have to get mine out as well. Some of my base plates are a little big so I need to lift the cage up then trim them down a bit. I cant pull in the front part of my cage at all though because of the cross braces for the seats.

Hey small world. So Wayne your friend that has been helping you on your jeep is one of my customers.. Great guy!!

webyepn

gone yeepn
I would love to see what you have done with the Hydro Boost set up. What did you take it off of? Which pump are you using? What did you use for lines? Hydro brakes would be awesome!

Jinx, It is not fully put together yet. I will get some pics and when I am further along I will do a full write up on the system and what I did.

Randyzzz

Fully Scrambled
Reinstall the cage? Been there...no fun. I had some welded studs where it mounts at the cowl corners, meaning I had to slide it forward to seat it in position. Ratchet straps, lots of towels, and helpers. Your new cage design looks great! Here's a couple of pics of mine going in. My wife had to stand on the hoist to keep it from tipping after I made an extension so it would be tall enough.
2053692760041433204S500x500Q85.jpg

2942188230041433204S500x500Q85.jpg

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Deweyxj, That is the same way I am going to have to get mine out as well. Some of my base plates are a little big so I need to lift the cage up then trim them down a bit. I cant pull in the front part of my cage at all though because of the cross braces for the seats.

Hey small world. So Wayne your friend that has been helping you on your jeep is one of my customers.. Great guy!!

Wow!! I didn't even think about that!:rolleyes: I'm still using the floor mounts, so it isn't an issue for me, hopefully you can get it to flex enough or trim it enough to get it out & back in!!:-\

Maybe tilting to one side to free it up might work! Good luck!!:-\:D

BTW: Wayne is a great guy, without his expertise & encouragement, I would have never have made it anywhere on my project!:bow::tara:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Well Guys its time for a update I guess.

So I got the cage out. I had to end up cutting off the back plates to get it out but after I did that it came out pretty easy. I will have to weld them back on when I get it back in and touch up the paint..

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

The things we figure out when we have to get a 300 lb cage out of a jeep by ourselfs.. lol:rofl:

IMG_0336.jpg

After its our they finally come ask if I could use any help.. haha
IMG_0337.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
After I got the cage out it was time for final weld on the cage and rocksliders. They are all read for blast and paint now.
IMG_0346.jpg

Tought my neighbor how to weld. He did really good for his first time..

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
And now for the bling.. I got the motor and trans set in.. This is a pinnacle point for me. :eek: Chad about cried tears of joy that my motor was finally out of his shop after storeing it for me for the last three years.. haha. I never knew setting a motor into a chassy was so complex and took so much work. :eek: But after checking fifty different times for Level and making sure it was square in the frame I fabed up the motor mounts:-\
IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Well its been almost two years since I've updated this. Anyone interested in seeing what's happened in two year?
It almost done.

Randyzzz

Fully Scrambled
Well its been almost two years since I've updated this. Anyone interested in seeing what's happened in two year?
It almost done.

Oh heck yeah!

A lot can happen in 2 years. I bought a house and moved to Redmond, OR, and got another Scrambler!

Let's see what you got!

webyepn

gone yeepn
Oh heck yeah!

A lot can happen in 2 years. I bought a house and moved to Redmond, OR, and got another Scrambler!

Let's see what you got!

Yes a lot can happen in two years. Another one? Are you rebuilding it as well?

Hopefully there's pics of it on the trails?

LOL mbryson, I wish I could save it was on the trail. Not quite that far yet but it is getting close.

webyepn

gone yeepn

Sorry kind of a test I couldn't remember how to upload photo's for a min.. lol I had to custom build the cables for my tailgate due to the fact that the scrambler has been bobbed in the rear.

Last edited: