EJS Police Force

fordy4

So, all of you that went to safari, did you in fact see more police officers than normal? If so, how did they do? And were they pulling over buggies left and right, or were there illegal buggies on the street without problems?

95jeepgrndchke

From what i heard they were pulling over buggies left and right, but coming down from Tater Salad on sat. they pulled over everyone... well just about

James K

NO, I'm always like this
few more UHP then normal. only seen one person pulled over all week and I believe it was for speeding, in the middle of town in a fairly basic YJ.

JIM

85cj7
Supporting Member
I was there for 10 days and all i seen were 2 drunk test and 1 speeding.
The speeder passed me on the new road going in.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
We were there for five days, saw a few UHP but never had any problems. Did see a few people pulled over coming off the big hill into Moab the day we left. guessin it was for speeding. We stayed with the cops from Durango and they mentioned as long as nobody was acting like a jack-ess, nobody was getting pulled over. KENNETH !!

We saw quite a few police and actually were pulled over for a brake light short, officer was super nice and said to fix it asap and we were on our way. I didn't notice ANY discrimination towards or against wheelers, saw a bunch of questionable buggies that weren't pulled over and stock yahoos that were.

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
I was there all weekend from Thursday to Sunday. I saw alot more police and alot more people being pulled over. The funny thing it the people being pulled over were the cars and trucks not the offroad rigs unless you had 8 people in a CJ-5. I for one was glad they had more police down there because it made it less hectic. This was the funnest year I have had for along time.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I saw a few people pulled over on my way back from St George this weekend. Looked to me like mudflap violations. All of them that were pulled over didn't have any mudflaps.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
PierCed_3 said:
I saw a few people pulled over on my way back from St George this weekend. Looked to me like mudflap violations. All of them that were pulled over didn't have any mudflaps.
Dang mudflap patrol!! This has got to be some form of disrimination. Case and point why I bought the flatbed for Betty to chill on!! :cool:

KENNETH !!

p.s.
How come you no stoppie on way back from St.G?? You phasing out us south of B-City folk??? -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
fattodog said:
How come you no stoppie on way back from St.G?? You phasing out us south of B-City folk??? -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Nahh, I like the folk south of B-City. I had heard "are we there yet about 50 times in 10mins" :rolleyes: . Darn 5 year olds ;) . I have a "special" project that could use your help in the NEAR future. I'll PM you the info in a few hours.

Andrew :eek:

rossrosseland

I had a headlight out on my tow pickup and got pulled over 4 times between Walker's and the corner heading up to Lion's Back on Saturday night. All 4 times they let me go and were super cool as they were basically looking for DUIs. Good thing I hadn't been drinking as we saw some people in cuffs.

I got pulled over for not having my temp sticker in visible sight on Wednesday in my jeep. I taped it on and he let me go. He could have given me $1000 worth of tickets (mudflaps, flares, broken windshield, no mirrors, no horn, etc., but I did have headlights and taillights. I heard the HPs were harder on people than the local cops, though, as some of my friends got tickets for stuff I mentioned above.

utahxjer

rossrosseland said:
I heard the HPs were harder on people than the local cops, though, as some of my friends got tickets for stuff I mentioned above.
HP's are always harder on equipment violations

ksvb

yeah I got pulled over coming back from tator salad darn cop was a little girl with pig tails got me for no proof if insurance she pulled me over for no mirrors could have got me for just about everything in the book though she said they were lettinhg buggies drive to and from trails but they were not allowed to cruise mian

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
rossrosseland said:
All 4 times they let me go and were super cool as they were basically looking for DUIs. Good thing I hadn't been drinking as we saw some people in cuffs.
I talked to a Cop in town on Thursday night and he told me they had 8 DUIs from when he got on shift at 4PM and it was 7:30 when I was talking to him

utahxjer

ksvb said:
yeah I got pulled over coming back from tator salad darn cop was a little girl with pig tails got me for no proof if insurance she pulled me over for no mirrors could have got me for just about everything in the book though she said they were lettinhg buggies drive to and from trails but they were not allowed to cruise mian
Did you have insurance? That is a hellofa fine...

ksvb

she gave it to me but she knew i was going to call and get it so i called while i was pulled over and added it so my insurance is going to put on from that day so I shoudnt have to pay P.S. I was in a green 72 blazer

DToy

ksvb said:
she gave it to me but she knew i was going to call and get it so i called while i was pulled over and added it so my insurance is going to put on from that day so I shoudnt have to pay P.S. I was in a green 72 blazer

And we wonder why we have to pay for uninsured motorist coverage. :rolleyes: Too bad it takes some people being pulled over before they will do at least the minimum to protect others that they might accidentally injure.

ksvb

yep it is too bad isnt it and I bet you havent ever done anything wrong in your life huh mister perfect. it slipped my mind, sorry for being human I drive it maybe once a year on the roads its a trailer queen

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I got pulled over thursday night, twice within 200 feet. First cop said I needed to trailer my rig but my friends jeep was broken and on my trailer. All he said was it needed to be trailered since it was unsafe :rolleyes: I was on my way after the good old pen test, to see if I was able enough to drive. 2nd cop started to point out all theese things. He was goin to get me for everything. but when I told him I was just pulled over and got no writin warnings he let me go. I thought that it controled well this year. I heard that the UHP were in charge of traffic issues and local cops handled the non traffic issues. I think they did well. I saw just about everything pulled over.

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
I got pulled over by UHP on my way out to the vendor show. He said they were pulling over "extreme" vehicles which my samurai is not nearly as extreme as a lot of the rigs down there. I didn't have a light out or anything that would normally set them off. Anyway, I got ticketed for no registration and no proof of insurance. I'm also one of those that didn't get insurance since this is the only week of the year the samurai sees pavement and it spaced my mind. :-\ I'm not looking forward to what it's going to cost. The officer that pulled me over wasn't exactly the nicest guy I have ever met.