EJS Police Force

Caleb

this entrapment stuff is BS...if a cop KNOWS you will be breaking the law, would you not expect them to be there? Think of it in other situations, a cop KNOWS a drug deal is going to happen at this place and this time, would not not want them arrested? If a cop KNOWS a child is being abused, would you not want the abuser arrested? Now its your turn, a cop KNOWS you will be driving your illegal rig from point A to point B, although it *may* not be as extreme as my examples, on the public streets, would you not expect him to be there? We already hashed this stuff out in the thread before EJS, just cause its EJS does not give anyone a 'pass' to do as they please or drive what they want to drive when they want to drive it.

ZUKEYPR

Beerman said:
Also how does it make you feel if you get pulled over for not having mud flaps, and while you are waiting for the cop to give you a fix it ticket you can count all the other rigs passing that are breaking the same law, or worse.

Obviously you have absolutely 100% no clue as to what you are talking about. Do you realize that a "large" portion of felony arrests occur at routine traffic stops? Do you realize, at least in my experience in my previous locations, that 10 to 20% of all routine traffic stops result in undercovering drivers who have wants and warrants on them for issues other than traffic. I personally in my life time have had not one but two "routine" traffic stops that resulted in wants and warrants for MURDER!!! Yes, a mud flap may be trivial but it is in fact "probably cause". I wish some LEO (the more tactful and professional way of referring to those who protect you and your family) would of pulled over the clown who pulled out in front of me, that caused over 2,000 dollars damage to my rig, that I had to pay the first 500.00 dollars because the jackass didn't bother to get insurance on it because he only drives a few times a year. O'ya, BTW, his taillights were in op and his safety inspection was expired.

Signed retired PIG (Prosecute Ignorant Guys) ONLY!!!

Meat_

Banned
I saw some pigs setting up some rocks out on the west desert. I think they are trying to lure us out there..... They set up an obstacle on both sides of a highway. Just giving a warning.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
ZUKEYPR said:
Yes, a mud flap may be trivial but it is in fact "probably cause". QUOTE]

Probable cause for what? It is certainly a reason to pull someone over and write them a ticket for no mudflap (pisses me off though, why can the guy with the T-bucket roadster ,with out any fenders at all, cruise the streets but not a lifted Jeep) and anything else in view but it is certainly not probable cause to do an invasive search of a vehichle.

81Ramchargerman

V-DAWG said:
What rights do you give up? I would like to hear more on this one.....

You give up YOUR right to do whatever teh f you want so that someone can't come up and shoot you or whatever. In my opinion, you give up many rights, like the right to say not have your car searched if they have reasonable cause, so that the person behind you doesn't have a bunch of coke in his car and ends up killing you and or your family... You know what I mean... I know I can't speak for everyone, but most people are willing to give up those rights for their own safety.

Caleb

81Ramchargerman said:
You give up YOUR right to do whatever teh f you want so that someone can't come up and shoot you or whatever. In my opinion, you give up many rights, like the right to say not have your car searched if they have reasonable cause, so that the person behind you doesn't have a bunch of coke in his car and ends up killing you and or your family... You know what I mean... I know I can't speak for everyone, but most people are willing to give up those rights for their own safety.

you dont have the right to do whatever the "f" you want no matter what??? your expalnation doesn;t make any sense to me at all. If they have resonable cause to search your car regardless of what you say then at that point the only right you have is to remain silent ;)

Caleb

bobdog said:
Probable cause for what? It is certainly a reason to pull someone over and write them a ticket for no mudflap (pisses me off though, why can the guy with the T-bucket roadster ,with out any fenders at all, cruise the streets but not a lifted Jeep) and anything else in view but it is certainly not probable cause to do an invasive search of a vehichle.

I can see your point, kinda the same thing of why Super Duties can drive around all day in stock form with no mud flaps, but yet their tires are not covered from the backside at all. Why are they less dangerous than a jeep in the same config? I still don't disagree with the mud flap laws though.

81Ramchargerman

Ultimately, I guess you do have the right to do whatever the 'f' you want...but then you lose your right to freedom when you get locked up. The reason you 'allow' for that to happen is for your safety. So at the same time, you have the right to whatever you want...yet you don't. Does that explain my pov at all???

Caleb

81Ramchargerman said:
Ultimately, I guess you do have the right to do whatever the 'f' you want...but then you lose your right to freedom when you get locked up. The reason you 'allow' for that to happen is for your safety. So at the same time, you have the right to whatever you want...yet you don't. Does that explain my pov at all???

no you still dont have the "right" to do whatever you want...you can choose to do whatever you want but its not a "right" ;) there's nothing in the constitution, bill of rights, etc that says you have the right to do whatever you want, thats my point...

81Ramchargerman

Supergper said:
no you still dont have the "right" to do whatever you want...you can choose to do whatever you want but its not a "right" ;) there's nothing in the constitution, bill of rights, etc that says you have the right to do whatever you want, thats my point...

:rolleyes: OK, so you want to go all technical Sh!t on me then, do ya? ;) :D

Houndoc

My, what a testy bunch we can become!

Seems to me that 1) large events require the most enforcement or they quickly get out of hand 2) lack of mud flaps etc is illegal 3) relax, behave yourself and don't worry.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
OK, let me first say, I dont like "PIGS" with no backbone.
That refers to the "LEO's" that intentionally go about their day pissing people off. Not all officers are guilty of this, but as some of us know there are some out there. I obviously have friends who are badged as well, and my referrence as I so elequenty posted was not a stab at all officers. I thought I made that clear.

This is obviously a subject that everyone has their own opinion on and that is cool by me. It doesnt change my opinion on any of you as fellow wheelers, or club mates. We are all here for a common interest and I would hate to see 1 persons opinion on a post "tattoo" them as being a jerk that no one can wheel with.
I concider myself a genuine nice guy, but I am too have opinions just like everyone else. I will apologize for the harsh and offensive words I used, but please concider this our fellow officers/RME member, that was not a direct insult at any of you.

Now I am going to read a post on fabrication.... ;)

ZUKEYPR

bobdog said:
ZUKEYPR said:
Yes, a mud flap may be trivial but it is in fact "probably cause". QUOTE]

Did you read the content of the post? It's probably cause to initiate a traffic stop. Which means you then are running a wants and warrants check. If something came back on the wants and warrants check , I would now have to apprehend you. Which would in turn mean that I would have to more than likely impound your rig, which would then mean by law I would have to inventory said rig. If something were in plain view you would then have grounds to search the vehicle as well, if there odors emitting from the vehicle such as MJ or alcohol it would give me probably cause. No, they're not going to arbitruary start ripping through your vehicle. If they suspect something however but do not have probable cause they will ask for your consent to search. If you give it, they can search. At any time you take away consent, they have to stop. Personally it has been my exprerience that those who always are worried what the police are doing have a reason to. You take that however you want. I've been on the other side before when I was younger.....and beleive me I had reason to. Legality is a like integrity, it's not a light switch, you can't turn it on or off when you feel like it. Mud flap, no insurance, etc. it's all the same.

utahxjer

Beerman said:
OK, let me first say, I dont like "PIGS" with no backbone.
That refers to the "LEO's" that intentionally go about their day pissing people off. Not all officers are guilty of this, but as some of us know there are some out there. I obviously have friends who are badged as well, and my referrence as I so elequenty posted was not a stab at all officers. I thought I made that clear.

I don't know of anyone at my dept. that goes out intentionally trying to piss people off... What would anyone gain from that besides complaints from the public, and believe me you don't want that...

If YOU are a dick when you get stopped and have additude, OF COURSE the officer might/will act differently than with a 90yr old grandma... But if you are cool the officer will be too... But everyone does have a bad day... I've been to fast food places when they are pissed too...