enclosed trailer/ camper buggy hauler build

tnels

I just recently bought a 24' enclosed gooseneck trailer for my buggy its an older trailer but has a ton of potential I also picked up a FREE cab over camper im going to be converting the two together to make one camp/buggy hauler first things I need to do to fit the buggy in and make the trailer to be able to hook on my truck is install a gooseneck hitch into dodge then spring over trailer and outboard or make my inside fenders removable ill post pics.soon!

Last edited:

tnels

some progress pics. had to brace up the back door make the inside fenders removable and im thinking ditching the back door winch and putting it back on the spring style also removing all the e-track for now until i can see where i need to move it to and removing shelfing up front where the bed is going to be just trying to get a clean canvas so i can start doing the lay out

IMG_20130527_121904.jpgbeforeIMG_20130527_174129.jpgafter bracing for ramp
IMG_20130515_201908.jpgIMG_20130528_195308.jpgshelfing that needs to be removed
IMG_20130527_121911.jpg winch and some e-trck that needs removed
IMG_20130521_182806.jpggot the fenders removable just need to weld in the plating around it where the seal will be sitting but first i wanna get the spring over done

the other sideIMG_20130528_195320.jpg

Last edited:

tnels

so far so good ive been lucky enough that i have saved just about everything water heater,water tanks, pump, electrical, sink, shelfing, frige, stove, heater, propain box, and all the lines next up is the bathroom/shower i wanna get everything out of this that i can. Im starting to think i wont be able to fit it all but at least ill have it if i do have the room. whats the last thing i should put in it im thinking stove if i need to ditch somthing what do you guys think? i realy want the shower to fit!

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'd keep the shower before I kept the stove too! You can always set up a campchef or something in the cargo area once you've offloaded the buggy.

ricsrx

Thanks for posting this up, I have always wanted to do this with my 28' enclosed trailer.

tnels

yeah it will be a long project for sure my goal is not to have in down while im building it so i can still go wheeling. a few problems i have ran into so far is room i wish my axles on my enclosed were back three feet so now when i load the buggy i have to pull forward more then i would like to to get the weight over the axles so i have about three feet behind the buggy thats just dead space but it is what it is. ill get more pics updated soon thanks! also fill free to give me some ides as im building what to do or what not to do im doing a few things that im not 100% happy with but it has to be done to fit my buggy!

4x4life

Cool build,I've put a truck camper on a flatbed, butnever thought about building a camper inside an enclosed. I like it! Excited tosee it come together!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Nice! I'll be watching. Keep us updated. I'd definitely ditch the stove first.

tnels

thanks guys yeah im thinking stove wont be coverted i have also ruled out doing the spring over on the trailer im going to pull the 37s off the truck and lower it in the long run it will be much smarter!

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Looking good man... time for that Gooseneck to be installed so we can load the buggy and start carting it around, then you will get an accurate depiction of how much space you have for living quarters.

tnels

so ive bought my 305/45r22 toyo a/ts for the dodge now next weekend i just need to pull the lift off and get it leveled out

tnels

so its been a few weeks I have got my 305's on the dodge but its still lifted have some problems finding stock suspension parts I have also put my b&w flip ball gooseneck hitch in the truck and am now hooked up to the trailer things to do still convert the cab over and lower the truck ill get some pics. loaded soon!