Exo

Exo?

• Total voters

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am a fence sitter on exo's... I have seen some great ones that work (Tracy Evans and Vonski's)... but others that are a little more "toolish".

Really comes down to the vehicle and what you want to use it for (same dilema every facing every modification)...

Example #1.. Mini-Truck, you don't care about the body, the paint, or the glass... Install and simple well-built internal cage, tie it into your seats, and call it good...

Example #2.. Say you have a trail runner XJ, not a crawler, sees lots of cargo, lots of travel time (driving to destination) and lots of trail running, then an exo is a good option... Saves a clean body, saves glass, utilitarian (move trees, rocks, etc), doesn't inhibit passenger cabin...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
hummmmmmmm,,,,, depends.

Full Exo,,,, Nope, They can go away.
Partial/Body Armor, yep

I guess what I'm saying is, Functional tubing is good, Aesthetic tubing is just added weight.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I like them, but not some nasty one that takes up tons of space and makes the vehicle look like crap, I am trying to figure out what I want to do with mine.

utahxjer

Shawn said:
hummmmmmmm,,,,, depends.

Full Exo,,,, Nope, They can go away.
Partial/Body Armor, yep

I guess what I'm saying is, Functional tubing is good, Aesthetic tubing is just added weight.

agreed

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Pro-exo: if your goal is to have a somewhat street legal, drive to the trail and back, "bad weather friendly", but want to wheel with the "trailered rigs" vehicle.

Anti-exo: if it's merely cosmetic or to simply appear to be "extreme" or "hardcore". -_-

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
jeepbling.gif

R

rockdog

Hickey said:
Yup or nope?

i'm gonna do one on mine. i don't want to smack my head on tubing and you can put em against rocks and just grind away. i already lost the bed so it'll just cover the cab and front clip like vons truck was.i thought his old truck looked great. besides i need something that goes well with my mullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Some tubing wrapped around to protect vital components is necessary. I don't know how many radiators I would have destroyed by now if I didn't have a little bit of exo-ness. If you're trying to wrap the rig with tube to protect every little bit of sheet metal from damage then you've gone too far.

grinch

inner city redneck
RockMonkey said:
Some tubing wrapped around to protect vital components is necessary. I don't know how many radiators I would have destroyed by now if I didn't have a little bit of exo-ness. If you're trying to wrap the rig with tube to protect every little bit of sheet metal from damage then you've gone too far.

I agree if a radiator bar is considerd exo then its all good....
Other than that, sliders and rear corner panel protection is good. The rest is gay..... Like mullets and guys in thongs.... Thong tha thong thong thong.....
I figure if your in need of a full body exo then your using your rig for hard core wheeling purpose mostly and not a daily driver. So quit building a daily driver... If your one of those daily driver guys that just seems to see the need to run upper proving grounds or trails of that sort do us hack up tube guys a favor and dont.... an exo still wont make the rig wheel better and if your consernd with body dammage then you arnt ready for those trails...

muleskinner

grinch said:
I figure if your in need of a full body exo then your using your rig for hard core wheeling purpose mostly and not a daily driver. So quit building a daily driver... If your one of those daily driver guys that just seems to see the need to run upper proving grounds or trails of that sort do us hack up tube guys a favor and dont.... an exo still wont make the rig wheel better and if your consernd with body dammage then you arnt ready for those trails...

I guess you weren't ready for those trails Von :rolleyes: