Report Expedition Overland

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Episode 11 is now on YouTube and marks the 2nd to last episode for this season. We do a super rare offroad crossing from Chile into Argentina that sees just a handful of vehicles each year. I hope you enjoy it!

Next week is the season finale and I hope to see some of you at the season finale party (1/20/18) here in SLC at Equipt Expedition Outfitters. The whole team will be there, looking forward to meeting all of the shows viewers, answering questions, etc. You can register and learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/events/128330694508134/?ti=icl

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Bummer you had to high tail it from Copiapo to Pto Montt. You drove past some awesome places in Chile. Did anyone tell you the legend of the Trauco on Chiloe? It's supposedly a perverted troll that lives in the woods there impregnating young girls. Would have made a good addition to the show. :rofl:

I have never traveled to Chile; I have an alibi. :ugh:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
This episode marks the end of the road (figuratively and literally) for the Expedition Overland Season 3 and our PanAmerican Highway endeavor, having now traversed Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina. The ending in Ushuaia was bittersweet, while we accomplished what we had set out to do a year ago when we kicked off planning for the South America segment, we would also be closing the tents for the last time and loading the trucks into containers. Life was slipping past us back home and we all had family, work and other commitments to see to, return was necessary and a relief in it's own right. We had driven all of these miles unscathed and came out not only better friends but life long friends because of it. We learned so many things about the world around us, the people we encountered and most importantly ourselves.

Last nights season wrap party at Equipt here in SLC was humbling and overwhelming yet provided some amazing fulfillment knowing that viewers are finding inspiration on our story and using it as an impetus to plan their own adventures. That was so encouraging to hear firsthand and I thank all of you that shared those stories with us. I'd like to thank everyone that had a part in this adventure, the entire XO team and staff, our families (my wife Candace is an absolute rockstar), the sponsors that make it all feasible and most importantly the viewers for making all the effort worth it.

Thanks for watching everyone!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I enjoyed the entire series, lots of bucket-list places for me that you guys got to see! The end was epic, Patagonia, Ushuaia were all a great way to wrap it up. You're very fortunate to have been so involved with XO, Kurt!

I really wanted to make the season wrap party in SLC, with we had a lot going on and the big storm didn't help encourage me to make the drive.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I definitely enjoyed this season. I couldn't make it to the wrap party, but I did wave at the XO vehicles as they crossed into Utah yesterday! Kurt, you're my hero. Srsly.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Was an awesome adventure to watch, I was happy to see several people I introduced to the series show up to the wrap party, people I haven't seen for a couple years. I have a friend who has one of those wives that can't go without a bathroom for more than half a day and she got so into it that she went out and bought a RTT for her truck and is talking about overlanding. I have seen every episode multiple times and I could watch them all again.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Thanks for watching!

We’ve had a bunch more content come out since I last updated this thread and more on the horizon too. Check out the XOverland YouTube channel or on Amazon for the latest stuff.

Funny thing about watching is my wife and daughter got way into it. Daughter (15 yrs) has now decided she is bound and determined to check out ghost towns in Utah. I pointed her to Expedition Utah for a list and asked her to find a group going out or to map out a plan to head out on her own. We will see how this turns out. :)

They were WAY into the T5 group ideals at the clinic in Guatemala (?). Will being on Amazon Prime help fund more travels?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Funny thing about watching is my wife and daughter got way into it. Daughter (15 yrs) has now decided she is bound and determined to check out ghost towns in Utah. I pointed her to Expedition Utah for a list and asked her to find a group going out or to map out a plan to head out on her own. We will see how this turns out. :)

That is awesome, and frankly mission accomplished. If the show inspires new and old adventurers alike, win.

The Transcontinental Railroad Trail is an easy day drive or overnighter. Ghost towns, 100+ year old cemeteries and more: https://www.expeditionutah.com/featured-trails/the-transcontinental-railroad/

Otherwise pick a few sites and go!

They were WAY into the T5 group ideals at the clinic in Guatemala (?). Will being on Amazon Prime help fund more travels?

YT and Amazon are budget sources so it's absolutely fair say they help!