F16 buzzing overhead.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anyone else getting the flyby's of the B1 and the 4 F16's all evening? They were out this morning too? They are amazing close to the ground out here in Sandy, close enough I can ready the tail numbers as they circled overhead :cool:

I assume this is all part of Air Force Week :cool:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
They came over my house four times. I got some pictures on the third fly over and put the camera away. On the fourth time they were even closer. It looked to me like four F16 and a KC135 refueling tanker (it had a refueling boom out the back).

Attachments

• flyover.JPG
    flyover.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 58

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They came over my house four times. I got some pictures on the third fly over and put the camera away. On the fourth time they were even closer. It looked to me like four F16 and a KC135 refueling tanker (it had a refueling boom out the back).

My bad it definitely wasn't a B1, not sure where I came up with that? I think your right it was KC135 :cool:

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
I am just thrilled about AF Week NOT. I see them daily and I have to work the air show it is going to be a a madhouse we are expecting 400,000+ for it come early if you want to enjoy it and not fight for a parking spot.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am just thrilled about AF Week NOT. I see them daily and I have to work the air show it is going to be a a madhouse we are expecting 400,000+ for it come early if you want to enjoy it and not fight for a parking spot.

400,000 :eek: Are a ton of people coming in from out of town??? I can't even imagine a quarter of the Wasatch Front in one location, that is going to be insane!!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Gonna need some stellar crowd control.. Reminds me of a good movie line ;)

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. It takes two people to run a concert: one back stage, and one out front. One man alone cannot do this. Wayne, you will run the backstage team. Milton, you are my liaison between Wayne's backstage team and Garth's front-stage team which includes myself in the booth. To the left and right of the stage are machine-gun pillboxes, M-60 Browning. Now these babies tend to heat up so shoot in 3 second bursts. In the event of capture I will personally distribute these cyanide capsules to be placed under the tongue like so.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

I'll be there, fighting for a spot. :rolleyes:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a perfect view from my back porch... if the rain stops between now and then I might have a nice BBQ seeing the pool is up and running!!!

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer

I was going to say this thread is useless without pics ;)

AFW0609_10.jpg

AFW0609_06.jpg

AFW0609_04.jpg

Directly overhead, and your place is uphill from me Kurt!
AFW0609_01.jpg

Now I'm looking back thinking why didn't I increase the ISO to say 400 so my 40-150mm f5.6 at zoom lense would have had a chance at some sharp photos!

couple more here
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/xjblue/Photography/Patriotic/

utahxjer

That refueler or one just like it flew over the Josh Gracin/Daryll Worley concert in Eagle Mountain. It was wayyyyyy low it was sweet! :cool: