Fall Colors Tour 2013 - Kebler Pass & Schofield Pass, Colorado

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Today we made our annual Fall Colors trip... this year the colors weren't great, last year (Fall Colors Tour 2012) was unreal! This year the weather got cold quick and it froze, then there were a few snow storms... the leaves didn't have much of a chance. On top of that, our timing was a week or so late. We drove up Kebler Pass to Crested Butte, then over to Schofield Pass... we turned back before dropping down the nasty parts of Schofield. There have been several roll overs on Schofield Pass and a few deaths... when dry! It was our best choice to turn back... considering there was 6" of snow up at 10,500'!

This was the first big offroad trip for the GMC and it did great! I aired down to 20 PSI front & rear and it worked well.

Here's too many pics from the trip... :D

Kebler Pass...

i-RdbLD8c-L.jpg

i-2dw2NdL-L.jpg

i-bQb9Lpk-L.jpg

i-g43mFnc-L.jpg

i-mzkvCcW-L.jpg

i-cgKZWV8-L.jpg

i-GnJCh28-L.jpg

i-nQDFgQz-L.jpg

i-XCBR8TJ-L.jpg

Going up Schofield Pass...

i-35F6gCj-L.jpg

i-8ZxgxLf-L.jpg

i-rLkXgWR-L.jpg

i-rGz4NBG-L.jpg

i-Kqgp45V-L.jpg

i-6ggZD6X-L.jpg

i-4RS9JGZ-L.jpg

i-FbvTpK7-L.jpg

PA121545-L.jpg

i-mN6jfbN-L.jpg

i-9Q8rMJ4-L.jpg

i-brrrr6M-L.jpg

i-CFd9XLJ-L.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Awesome fall pics. Good to see the truck out and about some more. That thing looks good in the wild. :D

Fantastic pictures Greg! We went the same route a couple weeks ago and we were a week or so early for the colors. Lot less of the white stuff and still had the top off of the Jeep...it was still a great drive! Thanks for sharing!

LT.

Trips like this are my favorite threads. I often check the trip reports first for this reason. I am going to have to try and build a vehicle and get together with you. These photos are so awe inspiring.

Thank you so much for the pictures.

LT.

Tonkaman

Trips like this are my favorite threads. I often check the trip reports first for this reason. I am going to have to try and build a vehicle and get together with you. These photos are so awe inspiring.

Thank you so much for the pictures.

LT.

^^^^^Exactly what he said !

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Glad you guys enjoy the photos, it was a great trip... little muddy for my tastes, but the moisture (and snow) brought out the colors!

Rock Taco

Today we made our annual Fall Colors trip... this year the colors weren't great, last year (Fall Colors Tour 2012) was unreal! This year the weather got cold quick and it froze, then there were a few snow storms... the leaves didn't have much of a chance. On top of that, our timing was a week or so late. We drove up Kebler Pass to Crested Butte, then over to Schofield Pass... we turned back before dropping down the nasty parts of Schofield. There have been several roll overs on Schofield Pass and a few deaths... when dry! It was our best choice to turn back... considering there was 6" of snow up at 10,500'!

This was the first big offroad trip for the GMC and it did great! I aired down to 20 PSI front & rear and it worked well.

Here's too many pics from the trip... :D

Kebler Pass...

i-RdbLD8c-L.jpg

i-9Q8rMJ4-L.jpg

Nice! I would love to get High Res images of the 2 above from you.

LT.

Glad you guys enjoy the photos, it was a great trip... little muddy for my tastes, but the moisture (and snow) brought out the colors!

But, the moisture allowed y'all to do some significant testing on the GMC. You already knew it would go down a gravel road and the highway. And you knew it would flex on some rocks. The added moisture added some fantistic imagery for the photos. Not to mention you now have a better idea of how the truck will handle mud and snow. Living in colorado knowing how the truck will handle the snow will be very important as winter draws closer. I think the added wheeling experience will pay dividens in the near future. Besides, the pictures of the truck covered in mud and in the snow are excellent images. Those are the images that makes me want to build a truck like yours and hit similar trails. I believe the moisture was a benefit and a blessing. It shows that your truck has a true swiss army knife like abilities.

The images are awe inspiring. The colors were at their peak and y'all's ability to capture them is amazing.

LT.