Farmington canyon open?

Jesser04

I just went up there to see if the gate at the bridge was open. It was open and there is no road closed signs anywhere. I was in my car so I turned around where the dirt road started. Any info would be great thanks.

rholbrook

Nice, the lady at the Forest Service told me the middle of August. Guess where Cheston and I are going riding tonight as soon as we swap out his fork seals?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Russ and I rode up there tonight.

There is fresh caution tape strung across the road. So nope. Not open yet.

Someone must have thrown the signs in the river

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I drove up Mary Ellen Gulch tonight, was turned back at the mine, snow is hard as rock, and just enough to make you think twice about shoveling.
Ripped a control arm mount off, and sheared my tire carrier bolts. So, bumpy too.
Some trails are open at least. No signs or tape in evidence otherwise. Pretty narrow though, if you meet another vehicle up there, it's going to be a neat trick to pass.

rholbrook

I was told by the FS that it will be the middle of August. My wife works for the water district there in Farmington and her boss said he had heard it was lack of funds causing the delay to clear the road. I would think that one of the cabin owners would have access to some sort of equipment that could clear the road.

ttora4runner

Went up the Bountiful side to Skyline Drive last night around 11 pm and the road is open that crossed over to Farmington but the gate on that side is still closed, so you have to back track back out to Bountiful.

There still some snow up there in one or two spots and I think I saw bigfoot or some huge animal crossing the trail. :rofl:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Went up the Bountiful side to Skyline Drive last night around 11 pm and the road is open that crossed over to Farmington but the gate on that side is still closed, so you have to back track back out to Bountiful.

There still some snow up there in one or two spots and I think I saw bigfoot or some huge animal crossing the trail. :rofl:

Twas Manbearpig!!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Went up from the Bountiful side last night. They still have the gates blocking the road from the bountiful side and another one coming back down at the top right were the road forks. The good news is if you go out past Bountiful Campground and get on road 084 you can take that all the way around to the storage building up past the fork and get past the balls at the top.

I got stopped by snow just a little before you drop into the first of the three lakes but you can get ATV's and motorcycles back there. I'm sure if I really wanted to I could have gotten the Jeep back there but I didn't want to tear up the hill anymore than it already is and I would have had to drive on the snow with a pretty big drop right behind me.

Edit: According to the map it is Forest road #084 that runs all the way from Bountiful Campground and around. It did make it almost a 25 mile drive on the dirt from the B to were I made it.

Last edited:

rholbrook

I went to the mouth of the canyon Friday wanting to go for a quick ride Saturday morning but found a new gate right where you would turn left to go to the pond to fish. It's funny how the BLM has enough money to cement in some pole, buy a big gate and get a tractor to put a wall of rocks up the hillside to keep people from going around the gate but they don't have money to put fuel in their tractor to push the rocks off of the road. If I was a cabin owner I would b upset. I know there is a cabin down low that the owner can't get to. He is from Bountiful and spends a lot of time up there. I pulled him out one night in his Bronco.