Farmington canyon open?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Cool. Definitely on my list to explore.

There are some pretty cool backroads that most people don't ever see up there. I only found out about them because of the closure and my attempt to get the the backside by driving as much dirt road as possible. Let me know when and when it opens back up next year I'll go up there with you. Some of the roads are pretty obscure when driving but are still on the map.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got an update this morning. they are leaving it gated during the winters they don't want to maintain it.

They have done this every year since I moved to Utah. Depending on how bad the winter is will determine when it opens up in the spring. Last year there was still a lot of snow on the back side in August.

Jesser04

They have done this every year since I moved to Utah. Depending on how bad the winter is will determine when it opens up in the spring. Last year there was still a lot of snow on the back side in August.
They have always maintained it to the gates at the top and past the gates to the towers. Now they will have a gate at the bottom and it will open and close in the spring and fall.

rholbrook

I know it was open and closed several times this week. The forest service installed a really beefy gate further up the road. That's now three gates before the asphalt ends. I am missing the rides on the fire break in the snow

1badcj8

Colorado Scramble Host

Just saw your avatar statement. If you are in Korea for the Army (or any service) thank you. I spent to years in Dongduchon 84-86. Most fun I've ever had out side the US...lol.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just saw your avatar statement. If you are in Korea for the Army (or any service) thank you. I spent to years in Dongduchon 84-86. Most fun I've ever had out side the US...lol.

Thanks, yeah I'm here Air Force. Not doing the full year but close enough, I'm at Kunsan and this place sucks. Maybe if I were younger and enjoyed drinking heavily like I used to this place could be fun.

1badcj8

Colorado Scramble Host
Maybe if I were younger and enjoyed drinking heavily like I used to this place could be fun.

Agreed, I'd hate it now...lol. Plus its not like it was back then from what I understand; back then I was young dumb and full of c... you know what I mean, it was a play ground. But I don't drink any more either and have long since settled down so to speak.

Again thanks for being there, we have a very important mission over there, even if John Q Public cant see it or understand it.

rholbrook

All the extra dirt that was brought down the canyon was dumped in the entrance to the parking lot that went south over the fire break road. What idiots, why cant the contractor finish his job and either haul it off or spread it out. If you have an ATV or snowmobile you can get across....that is if they unlock the lower gate.

cjmack21

Can anyone give me directions from Hill AFB? Haven't hit this trail and need to test parts out for Moab next month.....if its open that is.