Favorite place to wheel?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Oh, I know what area you are talking about. There are quite a few trails over on that side, so I don't know what trail you are talking about. Sounds like it was fun though! :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by sukaB
Let's go...
I'm ready

Let's get something planned so we can get a good turn out. Are we wanting to run this in the winter or should we wait till spring?

ewander

I am ready to go now. The Eva-Conover road would be cool. We went down last winter and had a blast.....

I went through Coal Wash a few months ago after a flash flood, and had the time of my life. My in-laws run cattle down in the swell, and pointed me in the right direction for a couple cool tails.....

Then again, we had better do it soon cause I ain't gonna be in the states long

Turbobob

Semper Fi
Pritchet & Rusty nail are fun. Lower Helldorado is a good one, it is especially fun at night! Last trip down, we ran it forward & backward one night. It only took us about 3 hours with 5 rigs. We even had to stop & change a popped tire.:D

Box Rocket

bored
I gotta say Rubicon is a total blast!!! It's got some killer wheeling and the scenery doesn't get much better!

mnypit2.jpg

Something a bit closer to home........Lower Helldorado is a riot in the dark with your truck full of people that have come along as spectators:)

lower.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WasatchCruiser

Something a bit closer to home........Lower Helldorado is a riot in the dark with your truck full of people that have come along as spectators:)

Adam...are we gonna' hit up Lower Hells this CM if I can make it down there?

Box Rocket

bored
I'm sure we will. Actually, there is a good chance I'll miss CM this year but we have the Pre-run in March and I'm sure we'll try to hit Helldorado sometime during the pre-run.

If you feel like running it during CM, just talk to Ryan or Will or even Dan and I'm sure you can get several that will join you. It's a blast at night and Ryan can tell you about running Upper at night!!!!!:eek:

Box Rocket

bored
Just rode shotgun but I did winch him out at the end. That was one insane night!

That was when Ryan still had his mild lift and 33's with completely stock drivetrain and gearing. That was a fun to watch.

I'm still an "Upper Virgin" but I'll lose my virginity soon enough. We were going to run it the last day of our trip down there with the club last September but I busted a motor mount on Lower the night before and there's enough twisting on Upper that I didn't want to risk it since I had to drive my truck home with my wife and two boys. So we just ran Hell's Revenge and Lower again.

Box Rocket

bored
We didn't take any video. Ryan's problem was that he was the only on on the trail and didn't have a winch. He had some trouble in a couple places and if he had a winch and could have just moved 1 or 2 feet he'd have been fine. It also didn't make sense to try to get one of the other rigs in to where he was. Also, he ran out of fuel right and was stuck pretty bad right at the big breakover rock in the middle. At that point it was about 3am so we left the truck overnight and came back the next morning with fuel and a comealong to get him unstuck. Other than that he made it all the way entirely under his own power.......except for winching up the waterfall at the end....obviously.

I gotta say, it was an awesome spectacle. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

I gotta say, it was an awesome spectacle. :)

I bet, I'da loved to see that. How hard is the trail with the exception of the winch/waterfall hill? Do you just turn aroung and come back down it or is there a way in?

Box Rocket

bored
You can actually bypass ALL of Lower Helldorado to get to Upper if you want to. Once you winch up the waterfall, there's a pretty mild dirt road that leads you out of the canyon.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You can actually bypass ALL of Lower Helldorado to get to Upper if you want to. Once you winch up the waterfall, there's a pretty mild dirt road that leads you out of the canyon.

Thanks dude!...

So you must be slower at work... Last time I was talking to you, you had a huge project that was due soon. Things more comfortable now? ;)

Box Rocket

bored
Actually, it's worse now.:eek: They just made me the new Art Lead on our project and there's a ****load of stuff to be done before the next big deadline in a few weeks. If it doesn't come together, there's a good chance the project will be cancelled.

If I can make it happen though, I'll be sitting in the proverbial "catbird seat".

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Actually, it's worse now.:eek: They just made me the new Art Lead on our project and there's a ****load of stuff to be done before the next big deadline in a few weeks. If it doesn't come together, there's a good chance the project will be cancelled.

If I can make it happen though, I'll be sitting in the proverbial "catbird seat".

That sucks... hope you can pull it off...:D

SJP

1. The Rubicon
2. Upper and Lower Helldarado
3. All the Hammers
5. Hell's Revenge (my wife's favorite)
4. Anything west of Texas

ToyinAround

Watch This!.....Trust Me
The best place for me is:

1-White Pine Rd.(5 Miles of muddy trail!)
2-Power lines(big soupy hole you can play in for hours!)
:D ;)

Attachments

• mud3.jpg
    mud3.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 27