Favorite place to wheel?

sukaB

Banned
Quite driving out just turn around at the top
and drive back down every obstacle...
You can be out in about fifteeen minutes.
Save that long drive out till you have a buggie wit da juice!!!!!!
Then it's a hooooooot
You wanna crap your drawers ride with hawkins out that way.....

ewander

My favorite trail changes every year, and just about every time I go wheeling. I pretty much like the trail that I was on. I did a new "to me" trail down in Price this weekend that is my new favorite "Price Trail".

Okay.......if I have to choose, I will always like Cliffhanger for some reason....

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Greg
Wayne-

I have wanted to run Rusty Nail, it looks fun.

Has anyone ran the Pickle? That looks like a intresting Trail!

Last time I was down there I met up with Herzog and he showed me the trail. A lot of fun obstacles and it doesn't take a whole day to do.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by ewander
My favorite trail changes every year, and just about every time I go wheeling. I pretty much like the trail that I was on. I did a new "to me" trail down in Price this weekend that is my new favorite "Price Trail".

Okay.......if I have to choose, I will always like Cliffhanger for some reason....

What "Price" trail did you do? We just did another one last night called "Beyond the Sidewalk" that is really, really good. Some very tight obstacles and technical boulder sections.

Who did you run with while you was here? Next time you are in town LET ME KNOW! :(

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

Last time I was down there I met up with Herzog and he showed me the trail. A lot of fun obstacles and it doesn't take a whole day to do.

We ran through Rusty Nail pretty fast that day. That was a lot of fun. Remember the guy with the Avalanche buggy on Double Whammy? That was a nice rig.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

I didn't take many pics that day, but here is one of you comming of one of the last ledges on Rusty Nail. :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Greg

Has anyone ran the Pickle? That looks like a intresting Trail!

if you guys would have paid attention to my previous posts this year you would know that pickle is no longer.....it is dead!!! it caved in and no longer exists. if the moab boys get into it and try to make a line through 15 foot high boulders...then something might happen, it was my understanding that it was a wicked trail but it is dead:(

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1199&highlight=pickle

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I can't remeber the name of the trail but it was by PSM, my ifs ride, let my girl drive. It was one of the coolest things I've drove on

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
that was stupid, no pic cuz I'm on the wrong puter. you drive over a HUGE hole and it makes you feel REALLY small. It's a natural arch almost. I'll get a pic up later.............. mornings:rolleyes:

sukaB

Banned
You can run the pickle now..
Pritchett is swamp dogs favorite
Montrose is my favorite place....
Tons of cool crawlin there.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I like em all. Interesting that no one has mentioned Delta yet. Some of the trails out there are super fun, and they're not usually crowded.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Top of the list is Rubicon.
Moab: prichett
rusty nail and the backside of golden spike
Lower hell
Not in any paticular order
Locally: Just being out in the jeepster for the day is always good.

Drove down to california to visit family over thanksgiving and went to hollister ohv park. That place is fun especially the mini rubicon area and tank trap is just a kick in the head.

ewander

Herzog,

My little bro Jeff and I did the trail. Have you seen his black CJ7 running around with the TJ flares and 33" TSL's? Anyway, it was up the airport road a ways. It has a pretty cool opening, and then the rest of the way up was off camber with just enough snow on it to make it scary.

Are you going to be around during the Xmas weekends? You will have to show me this trail you guys went on.

I really haven't done much around Price, except mess around behind wood hill. I got into Jeeping after I moved out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by ewander
Herzog,

My little bro Jeff and I did the trail. Have you seen his black CJ7 running around with the TJ flares and 33" TSL's? Anyway, it was up the airport road a ways. It has a pretty cool opening, and then the rest of the way up was off camber with just enough snow on it to make it scary.

Are you going to be around during the Xmas weekends? You will have to show me this trail you guys went on.

I really haven't done much around Price, except mess around behind wood hill. I got into Jeeping after I moved out.

Yeah I see your brother driving that CJ all the time. That's cool. I think I know what trail you are talking about up airport. Well, I have an idea of atleast 2 that it might have been.

You bet I'll be around for Xmas. We'll show you some new trails around Price. I'll PM you my phone # sometime soon so you can get a hold of me when you come down.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Metal Masher is fun.

There is also a trail/wash area in the San Rafeal by Calf Mesa that used to be entertaining. The fun part went on top of the mesa by some old uranium mines--it used to be wicked mean. Last time I was up there I broke a link off of my axle just to find out that the road has been washed out beyond repair. We decided to try and take another road around the front side and about **** myself after I realized that my ZJ was significanly wider than the 4 wheeler tracks that I was following. It was only a loose edge w/ 200 foot fall on the side and varius crevices from runoff. Not sure I'll try that thing again.

The washbed is still fun but the F-in SUWA assholes (or whoever) keep posting all this wilderness study BS around the area and I don't want to get another ticket.

Cody

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
Metal Masher is fun.

There is also a trail/wash area in the San Rafeal by Calf Mesa that used to be entertaining. The fun part went on top of the mesa by some old uranium mines--it used to be wicked mean. Last time I was up there I broke a link off of my axle just to find out that the road has been washed out beyond repair. We decided to try and take another road around the front side and about **** myself after I realized that my ZJ was significanly wider than the 4 wheeler tracks that I was following. It was only a loose edge w/ 200 foot fall on the side and varius crevices from runoff. Not sure I'll try that thing again.

The washbed is still fun but the F-in SUWA assholes (or whoever) keep posting all this wilderness study BS around the area and I don't want to get another ticket.

Cody

Was it Eagle Canyon? Evo-Conover? I know those 2 are still open, but just barely. RME (all of us) needs to plan a big trip to the Swell so everbody can see it while it is still barely open. That place is so awesome.

Yeah, I like the Wilderness signs that are stuck right in middle of a trail. You look past the sign and see an existing trail, but the sign claims that it is "Wilderness". Bunch of crap. :mad:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure the mesa is called "calf mesa" it's north west of Window Blind Peak. You take buckhorn wash down, keep going past the Mexican Mountain turn and go for a dozen or so miles and there is a road heading off to the right. You pass a bunch of old abandoned cars and an abandoned Cat. I think the wash may be called "virgin spring canyon" or something like that. We used to hike it to see the petrified trees and pictographs.

Cody