• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Fix my electric heater...

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I have a small ceiling-mount electric heater that I hung in my garage a couple of years ago, and it functions, but doesn't get nearly as warm as (I think) it should. It is 220v that I just have wired to a plug - no switch or thermostat. I just plug it in when I want to be warm. I am suspecting that wiring/configuration is the reason it won't heat up all the way, unless the heating element is bad (it gets warm, but never hot.) The fan works as it should AFAIK.

Anybody willing to take a look under the panel and tell me what is wrong? It comes down from the ceiling with very little trouble, so it can be worked on easily.

Attachments

• heater (1).jpg
    heater (1).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 16
  • heater (2).jpg
    heater (2).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18

STAG

On my grind
is6r.jpg

sorry I had to. WWTTD.

(What Would Tim Taylor Do)

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
before you dig into the wiring blow that beast out with a air compressor.. if it is set up for just on it should just run until the coils get to hot then they will shut down and cycle.. if they are dirty they can go into the off cycle quicker (at least that was my experience with one exactly like that )...

Jesser04

We had electric heat in our house it was doing te same thing you are describing. My bil does hvac so he came over and took it apart it had three heating coils and only one was working. The fan wasn't moving enough air so the coils over heated and blew the inline fuse thing. Cleaned the cage of the fan and pit new fuses in and it was cool. Each coil had it's own fuse.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
It was clean when I first installed it, and it ran the same. I will clean it out again, but that isn't the source of my issue. I'll check to see if it has fuses on the coils...

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
We had electric heat in our house it was doing te same thing you are describing. My bil does hvac so he came over and took it apart it had three heating coils and only one was working. The fan wasn't moving enough air so the coils over heated and blew the inline fuse thing. Cleaned the cage of the fan and pit new fuses in and it was cool. Each coil had it's own fuse.

Ohh yeah I forgot about the little fuses on each coil.. had to replace a couple of those as well over time.