Food Smokers

muleskinner

I've found if you want to use a pellet grill like a smoker, one of these really helps!

ODTBhur.jpg

muleskinner

I got mine on Amazon, but I think Home Depot and other places carry something similar.

It's hard to beat the convenience of a pellet grill, we use ours 3-4 times per week. When I make jerky, smoked fish, ribs etc. I always fire up my Stumps clone because it turns out much better IMO. The tube definitely helps though.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I got one of those tube things for Christmas...haven't tried anything yet. :) I was planning on sticking it in my normal BBQ grill to smoke cheese or something...not cooking anything like you culinary types do. :p

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Salmon turned out awesome, way less time than the Lil' Chief and no real babysitting, adding wood, etc. The color at the end looked great, took about 3 hrs with most of the time on 'smoke', then the last 30 min at 225*'s.

I whipped it up into a spread, with cream cheese, miracle whip, lemon juice, Tajin and pepper. Its delicious! The spread looks much better in person... X-D

20180729_165943.jpg

20180729_172852.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks good! How smokey was the food? What brand pellets did you use?

Thanks, Scott! It seemed like the perfect amount of smoke, plenty of smoke flavor without overwhelming your taste buds. With both the salmon and ribeye, you could still taste the full flavor of the meat. I used Traeger-brand pellets... what do you use?