ford 5.4 3v mechanic

04F150

Does anybody here know a mechanic that specializes in the ford 5.4 3v engine? I have a 2004 F150 that had the phaser knock and I cant get it running right after installing new timing chains and phasers. I have had it tore down several times and timing appears to be right. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'm interested in this thread. My wife's 2008 expedition need spark plugs, I'm too much of a wuss to do them and the dealer wants $400 to do them. A Ford gruru would be nice :)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Big O in sandy (8700 S 700 E ish) repaired the blown out plug in my wife's 5.4 last spring, did a great job. I worked there once upon a time in high school.. But return often for stuff I don't want to do myself.

04F150

I didn't as i read 100's of people got by without them, and it seemed to go really smooth without. There is a clatter in the motor at 1500 to 2000 rpm no noise above or below those rpm's, and rough idle poor acceleration. Oil pressure seems to be in spec, I have replaced the heads and noise is exactly the same, have had three sets of phasers on it, plastic and metal chain tensioners, all sensors replaced, two different oil pumps, new oil pump screen tube.

ID Bronco

I didn't as i read 100's of people got by without them, and it seemed to go really smooth without. There is a clatter in the motor at 1500 to 2000 rpm no noise above or below those rpm's, and rough idle poor acceleration. Oil pressure seems to be in spec, I have replaced the heads and noise is exactly the same, have had three sets of phasers on it, plastic and metal chain tensioners, all sensors replaced, two different oil pumps, new oil pump screen tube.

I can't recall the company, but I put a cam phaser lockout kit done, it gets it away from variable timing. It reprograms it. Seems to have worked great.

04F150

I can't recall the company, but I put a cam phaser lockout kit done, it gets it away from variable timing. It reprograms it. Seems to have worked great.

Probably livernois, I have been thinking about doing that as well but with everything i've gone through i don't think it is the phasers causing the issue