Ford to dodge?

STAG

On my grind
Anyone in the market for a duramax is more than welcome to test drive my truck, even towing your trailer. I'd reccomend them to anyone.

image_zpsac56c6f4.jpg

Last edited:

Bart

Duramax is definitely on my list, if I can find one in my price range. My dad has an 03 that I use quite often and I love it. But this thread was about Ford and Dodge so I was trying to stay on track.

Houndoc

best truck move I have made in last few years was to sell my 05 Dodge. Cummins is fantastic, rest of the truck more problems then worth dealing with. Had around 150k when we got rid of it.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I have the 06 Dodge and love it. Only 50K miles and no problems. Front ends can be fixed cheaply when they go out, check with the guys at Big-O 104th and Redwood in South Jordan. I get 11 to 14 MPG towing and 17 to 22 MPG city and highway. Just oil changes so far, Cheston, let me know how the guy gets 45 MPG?

tnels

im a dodge guy they all have there problems but i have found dodge holds together great other then there trannys but after you build them nothing stops them! fords and chevys are also nice trucks stay away from fords 6.0 to me it seems like the newer body style chevys have gone down in there quality but thats just me cant go wrong with any but dodge is the cheepest in price vs miles deff. drive them all let us know what ya come up with!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Not necessarily a good comparison but when I bought my current 2011 Dodge last October, I traded in my '06 5.9 with 189K and the auto tranny was about trashed. The dealer who is a friend gave me credit for what the truck sold at auction for. If I remember right, it was around $12,500. He then sold me the "11 which is a dually with Laramie trim (navigation, DVD, leather,sun roof, etc) and 29K miles for what he bought it at auction for, which was right around $39,500.

I think 15-17K would be a more realistic price when you are talking retail.

tnels

I just bought an 07 6.7l Dodge for around 20k, it has 100k on it.

congrats brandon! there sweet trucks is not to good on fuel but more power then you will ever need get the delete on it and the mpg will jump to about 22 my dad owns a 07 mega cab i put that on it and its crazy how much it opend it up you will love it and sounds like a sweet price!

leorn

reset
Ok so maybe I'm that dodge guy. I think I paid $7800 for my '99 club cab 5spd w/200k. I have swapped the ford knuckles, and in hindsight probably should have just swapped a ford 60. The ford brakes are a HUGE upgrade imho. Not a chance that I would trade it for my Brother in Law's f250 ibeam club cab, but I really wanted a crew cab, and that was very tempting.

The thing that sold me was the longevity. I'm a pure function guy and that function was A to B with few troubles. There are quirks with lights etc, and the front end sucks, but I have put 50k on it and I have been happy. The thing that convinced me was the service mile intervals:
350k miles 5.9 cummins
250k miles 7.3 powerstroke
200k duramax (similar year)
I can't remember the source, but you can find that info on google, it may vary a bit, but the general idea is there. The other one was the heater grid vs glow plugs.

I think the OP would be happy with a 7.3, but I'm certainly happy with the return on my investment. I have driven a duramax and I'll admit it was quick and fun. Just have to make sure the injector issues are taken care of, or get the right year.