Forrest Lake Aug 25th

sixstringsteve

I'll be taking my new samurai out for the first time. We plan on meeting around 6pm at the chevron, or possibly later if anyone has a schedule conflict. This is a fun trail and is easier than rattlesnake. It'll be a great time to meet other wheelers and just have a fun evening ride. Bring the family. I've seen many stock vehicles make it, but that doesn't mean everybody should try it in their stocker. This is a great trail to bring friends along and get them hooked on wheeling.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

not yet... but i'm itchin to go. That's even cooler if it's become harder. for some reason I really like that trail. i'm dying to try mineral basin, but I don't know how to get there...

krazz1e

well there are 2 spots that are tight and a fullsize will need some clearance that's for sure....I'd be careful advising going up in stock vechiles (depends on the vechile), espcially if inexperienced, but hey good luck.

samy should be fine.

sixstringsteve

ok, thanks for the heads up, i've changed my original post. Ok, so bring your EXPERIENCED friends, or at least people who have a small car, a death wish for body damage, or a lift. It'll be a fun ride.

Last edited:

krazz1e

yeah just some big rocks and rutts, nothing to major, but I'd say it might be harder than rattlesnake this year.

Might want to do the gulch trail if you want some stockers... but hey, most the people on here won't be riding stockers so, no worries huh?

sixstringsteve

yeah. i definately won't be stock. I just wanted people to give it a try. That's exciting that it's about like rattlesnake.

If you want to know where it is, just tag along and we'll show ya ;) . forrest lake is in American Fork Canyon. At tibble fork you keep going straight after the parking lot. After about 30 min on that road, the trail is up on the right. I've been there twice, and it's a great place to wheel. The scenery up there is amazing. hopefully we'll see some moose this time, but I don't know when moose season is. I've neve even seen one.

where's the gulch trail, and is it fun?

can any of you make it?

Last edited:

mcsheets

We went up there on the 24th of July it was pretty fun if you are new to wheeling or have never been before then it might be difficult. I went up in my 96 geo tracker with a 3 inch body lift and it was pretty easy for me but I have been wheeling for a little while. My buddy did it in a ford ranger pickup with a couple of motorcycles in the back with out to many problems. there is a couple tricky spots. I heard mineral basin is alot harder alot bigger rocks, but I have never tried it.

toomeymd

SUZUKI ROCKER
I got 2 sammi's, one being built with 10 bolts, bugy style; and one daily driver, rancho 1.5 lift springs with 29x10.50 tsl/sx's, no pics really.

sixstringsteve

yeah, i'll be there

nope, not going to bail. I bailed last time cuz nobody wanted to come. Even if i don't have my new sami by then I'll be there. I'll find a way. It'd be great if you could make it mark. If you go, i'll be sure to have a cb too. I have missed being without a capable vehicle. You got me hooked, and I'm not giving up. I've got another 4 years of school, so I'm not going anywhere now. i'll take my mom's jeep if I have to, but I'll be there.

tagaustatoppen

1997 TJ
I can surely come i know both trails very well, I would rather come over snake creek so if i could just meat you at the trail head. I did forest lake and mineral basin trails last sunday. There is really no reason a stock vehical wouldn't make it in my oppinion. mineral basin might scare off some stockers that don't feel confortable but i have seen it done in a stock bronco. if you would like to do mineral basin I would too. bigzuki count me in.

Tyler

sixstringsteve

Cool tyler, it'll be good times. How far is orrest lake from mineral basin? how long does mineral basin take to complete? would it be possible to cram both in? I figure we'll be at the forrest lake trailhead at about 7. I love forrest lake, but I don't have a preference. I'll talk to the others coming.

tagaustatoppen

1997 TJ
the start of mineral basin is just up the road from the forest lake trail. its not far. if we start at 7 pm and we dont want to finish in the dark then we will only want to do one trail. i would enjoy doing either trial. mineral basin takes maybe two hours. i dont really focuse on time. I would really only do one with how much time we would have. just my thoughts.

sixstringsteve

sweet. i think we'll shoot for forrest lake then. Maybe you could show me where mineral basin starts so i can hit it another time. We'll see how capable the vehicles are in our group then decide on there. was there water in the river last time you went (the river you cross for forrest lake)?