Front End Klunk

rockkrawler01

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee. Recently I have been getting this loud klunk in the front end.. When Im driving down the road, I dont hear it, its when go through a dip, turn, or put any extra pressure on the axle. I have checked out the front end, nothing seems loose, dont see anything where metal on metal could be rubbing on each other. I dont get any sort of death wobble.. Any ideas what it could be?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Could be anything from a worn out shock to a bad control arm bushing. Usually as mentioned it could be the trackbar. You won't know till you start actually looking.

Caleb

Check your motor mounts too. Back when I had a wrangler it would do exactly as you are describing. I replaced all the front end parts and it was still doing it. Then I pulled the motor for a swap and one of the mounts were broken. I searched around and lots of guys had the same problem and many ended up being a broken motor mount.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Checked your wheel hubs and lug nuts yet? Is the Jeep still stock? Upper control arm bushings on the axle end are a popular culprit. Still thinking....

lewis

Fight Till You Die
The sway bar links on the 97 grand cherokee would go klunk and have to be replaced every year. I always had some one bounce the vehicle with my hand on the end and you will be able to feel if it is it.