front suspension question

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have debated removing an upper control arm for more flex but I haven't seen anyone else doing so on a Daily driver...

I know several people from RME alone that only have three front control arms and trackbar.
Here is the only picture I have of it (my own rig)...
build_048.jpg

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
NO!! Yo must retain at least one upper to control the rotational forces on the axle....Set ups like Claytons are a radius are. There are only 2 main "links" but they attatch at the vertically seperated points in order to control rotational forces.

I hate to say it frankly, please don't be offended, but from the pics you have posted there are many problems with you current set up. You would be money and time ahead to use a proven kit like Claytons, tnt customs, RE, Tera etc. Suspension is not something you want to mess with if you don't fully understand the forces at play....You could end up with something VERY dangerous.

I agree... The geometry on your suspension really needs help. If you keep it, then you can possibly end up twisting the tube in the housing, because right now you are trying to 'twist' the axle - like wringing out a towl - or just rip the brackets off the axle.

The quickest, and cheapest fix for you, would be to make new lowers like others suggested and make them radius arms and then take y our uppers and modify them to work. Otherwise you really need to change all of your arms and mounts on the axle.

FatTony

i would like to redo the whole front end, but i don't want to do it myself, so were is the best place to do it in utah county