FS/FT 1994 Toyota Pickup extended cab sas DD/Crawler

sixstringsteve

I want something super reliable, so when I'm 100 miles from home I don't have to worry about little things like carbs and frozen bolts and stuff :)

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i actually think a FJ62 with a Diesel swap would be perfect for what you want steve, with the seats down it would be jsut as roomy as your truck with the shell on, very stout and capable and perfect for expo stuff

Cascadia

Undecided
There is one for sell on ksl with the cummins diesel but it's around 16k I think. Very clean on 35's. I think it's a 60 though. Same thing basically. How reliable is the 2f motor, mpg?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
2F motors are reliable for expo maybe but the power is super crappy and the carbs are tinker toys dosent run at angles very well. Now the 3F Engine that cam in the FJ62 is super reliable being fuel injected takes care of all the carb woes and it makes a little better power but still a dog, but with great torq down low. The diesel swaps are great because you go from a 16 mpg Fuel injected motor to a diesel motor that gets 30mpgs and has better power

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Blasphemy... 2F carbs are rock solid, more reliable than even the solid reliable 3FE. Even with a 30 mpg diesel (which is a pipe dream) a deisel swap will never pay for itself and give marginal realizable power increases. Factory diesels such as the 1HZ are popular swaps for reliability and use but again the real world gains don't have any monetary value. None are going to match the out of the box performance of the 100 platform for your needs.

Coco

one of scott's friends.

I have known Josh for a long time. I was surprised when I saw him post it on FB.

New truck looks good, but it cracks me up when you were dead set on an Xcab with a 3.4L and low miles...

you get a regular cab, 2.7L w/ 170k. :rofl:

absolutely nothing worng with that at all, I just think it is funny.

Either way tho, it will be sold in 2 weeks to a month :D

airmanwilliams

I have known Josh for a long time. I was surprised when I saw him post it on FB.

New truck looks good, but it cracks me up when you were dead set on an Xcab with a 3.4L and low miles...

you get a regular cab, 2.7L w/ 170k. :rofl:

absolutely nothing worng with that at all, I just think it is funny.

Either way tho, it will be sold in 2 weeks to a month :D

Well I look forward to the new build and hope someday to get one of steves creations. :)